Eight- Answers

Your POV
My head keeps spinning. So many things zoom past us but I'm unable to focus on just one of those things. They spin away before I get the chance to identify them. Suddenly, everything stops. I find my feet on the hard, cobblestone ground through a small alleyway and my eyes come into focus to see Seán leaning against the alleyway wall with one foot pressed up against it. Newt was looking at him disapprovingly with his arms crossed.

"What happened?" I asked in a panic before I could stop myself.

"Y/N-"

"Where are we?"

"Y/N-"

"Are we alive?"

"Y/N!" Seán shouted this time to get me to shut up. "We apparated, we are in Diagon Alley and yes, we are alive!" There was a short silence until Newt broke it.

"Why did you do that, Seán?"

"I panicked okay!" He replies in an unusually high-pitched voice. "I didn't want to be arrested and I certainly didn't want you or Y/N to get a arrested. The Commander is obviously under the Minister's orders so I was just doing what I thought was best."

"But still, now they're going to be after us more than ever! Parties will be sent out to search for us, we won't be able to trust anyone, we will have to monitor where we-"

"It won't come to that." Seán says in a surprisingly relaxed tone.

"Forget about search parties," I find my voice again, "I have questions." I eyed my husband and indicated for him to follow me just down the alleyway so we were out of earshot of Newt.

"Go ahead." Seán told me as he crossed his arms and leaned his shoulder against the wall.

"I don't even know where to begin. I think 'who are you really?' would be a good place to start." I say as I also crossed my arms and leaned against the wall, imitating his posture.

He looked away for a moment then turned his head back towards me and shot me an apologetic look. He fiddled with the loose skin hanging off the side of his nail- which I knew he did when he was nervous- and he looked away again before sighing and finally beginning his story.

"When I was eleven, I received a letter from a school called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I left the school with five OWLs and three NEWTs-"

"Owls and newts?" I asked a little mockingly. Seán shot me a glare, so I wiped the grin off my face and let him continue.

"I got a job at the Ministry Of Magic when I was nineteen and met you when I was twenty two."

"I recall."

"I suppose an important detail to note is I'm Muggle-born, I have non-magic parents. So throughout school, I, as well as the other muggle-born Gryffindors, were nicknamed 'Mudblood' by the Slytherins."

"Gryffindors? Slytherins?" I asked, not following what he was saying.

"At Hogwarts, you are sorted into one out of the four houses; Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. The houses are named after the founders of the school; Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. I was sorted into Gryffindor; for the bold." He slowly reached out for the necklace around my neck and fumbled with it in his fingers. "This necklace isn't just random stones and engravings, it belongs to Gryffindor. The rubies and gold represent the colours of the house, yellow and red, and the lion on the back, is the house's symbol." My jaw dropped as I realised this necklace wasn't like any other jewels. "I wanted to give you something important to me and Gryffindor was just that. Important."

"Woah." I breathed. Seán lets go of the necklace at last and crosses his arms again.

"As for the nickname 'Mudblood'," he continued, "it is an incredibly foul name for someone with Muggle parents. Newt Scamander," he nodded his head over in Newt's direction who was pacing up and down, clearly bored, anxious and waiting, "has been my best friend since Hogwarts. He was the only one who stood up for me when no one else did and he wasn't even in Gryffindor with me, he was in Hufflepuff." Seán smiled sadly. "And here we are working together in a ministry which now hates us."

I didn't know what to say, do or feel. He is a completely different person, almost like a stranger. I married Seán, the manufacturer who left high-school in Ireland with six passes and graduated University. Not a wizard who went to a school of magic and works at some ministry.

There was a silence.

"So there you go, that's who I am. I'm a wizard, Y/N, I'm not the person you think you married." He guiltily looked away, avoiding eye contact once again.

"Five years, Seán." I started, feeling a little emotional. "For five years you have lied straight to my face. You lied about your identity, work and past. Never once have I lied to you." Seán remained silent, guilt written all over his face. "I'm sorry," I backed away from him, "I need time to comprehend this new information." I started to walk away.

"Y/N, please-"

"I said, I need time." I repeated a little more firmly as I stopped in my tracks.

"We can't afford to split up here. We're still in the Wizarding World. What if the Ministry catches you?" He persisted.

"I guess I'll have to learn apparition." I replied coldly as I started walking away again.

"Y/N... Y/N!" Seán called after me but I ignored him.

"Let her go, Sean." I heard Newt say to his friend. "Just give her time."

And that is exactly what I needed. Time.