Eighteen- Loss and Comeuppence

Your POV
As we enter the familiar hallways, I feel a tight knot form in my chest. Last time I was here, hell was let loose.

"We need to see the Minister," Seán announces to a receptionist.

"I'm afraid he's busy at the moment. You'll have to wait," she pushes her square-framed glasses up her nose.

"This is urgent!"

"There's nothing I can do," she goes back to her work, not looking at us again.

"My name is Seán McLoughlin. I am head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures and I require to see the Minister," Seán sternly says.

The receptionist looks up again and sighs. Dialling a number into the phone beside her. "The Minister has some visitors," she says in a monotone, "okay, I'll let them know." She puts  the phone down. "The Minister would not like to be disturbed. Come back another time."

"This is bullshit!" Mark yells.

"Sir, If you carry on with that foul mouth, I will have you removed from the prem- wait... do I know you?" She takes her glasses off and glares at Mark.

"I-uh- don't think so."

"Strange. You look familiar."

"I have that impression on people," he glances at me and Seán. She probably recognises him from all the posters on walls and lampposts. "Sorry, thanks anyway." Mark quickly hurries away before she can question him any further and we follow.

We head towards the exit of the Ministry but before we could get any further, a sudden green ball of light flew right past us.

"SEÁN!" A familiar voice yelled. We spun around to see a very unsteady-on-his-feet Wyatt. Beside him, Newt and Lewis followed. "You've ran long enough. Hand over the Muggle now!"

Cries and screams and gasps of shock around us from the witches and wizards in the crowd sounded as Wyatt said these words.

"A Muggle?"

"Muggle in the Ministry?"

"How could this be?"

I heard all the whispers.

"Stay back! Leave us alone before I hit this button again-" Suddenly, Newt's Niffler snatched my necklace from out of my hands and ran off back to his master. He rattled with it and hit it on the ground. "Hey! Give that back you sodding creature!" I went to chase after it but one bite of the metal from the Niffler and the necklace fell to pieces in its small hands. "No..."

"Sorry, was that important?" Newt says sarcastically.

I tried to not show my emotion towards him. That necklace meant so much to me. Not only was it the best Anniversary gift from Seán but it made me feel pretty for once. It was a memory. It was a reminder. It was so many things.

"Can we just end this already? I'm exhausted from all this running around," Lewis says.

"How desperate do you have to be?" I found my voice again. "How many more Muggles have to die by your hand?" I glance over at Mark for a split second. "Tom Fischbach was innocent. He wasn't even a Muggle. He was Muggle-born and you murdered him. Is one life not enough for you? How many more have to die in order for you to be satisfied? Two? Three? Thirty? One hundred?"

"You know nothing about that night!" Wyatt's voice begins to quiver.

"I know everything," I retort. "And you and Lewis somehow got away with everything."