Seventeen- A Lion's Roar

A/N
I FINALLY GOT PAST WRITER'S BLOCK! I'm sorry it took so long but I'm hoping to finish writing the book today (whilst I actually have time) so updates will probably be more frequent until the end of the book. Only a few chapters left! I hope you enjoy this chapter!
———
Seán's POV
Outside was what we feared. A row of men lined up, almost looking like soldiers in training. In the middle of them all, stood Wyatt and Lewis and on Wyatt's other side, wearing his iconic blue jacket and carrying his suitcase still, stood a very blank-looking Newt. It was as though his eyes were looking but unseeing. It was quite unnerving.

"Bollocks," I heard Y/N say beside me. "What do we do?"

"We go out and face them," Mark says as though it was obvious.

"I assume we take him," I indicate towards the confused Jameson. Mark nods.

"Well," Y/N sighs, "let's do this."

We walk side by side in a line. Mark has Jameson by his arm, bringing him along with us.

"Well, well, brother. I should've known I wouldn't be able to trust you with a simple task," Wyatt claps his hands together.

"Brother?" Y/N, Mark and I say in unison.

"Well, half-brother," Lewis corrects.

"This Muggle is braver than we thought, Will," John calls over to him.

"She's a Muggle! All of them are weak. I gave you one job. One job!"

"Sorry."

"He may be incompetent but he's still my brother." Wyatt grits his teeth. "Hand him over."

"First, how did you find us?" Y/N changes the subject.

"Simple tracking spell," Wyatt shrugs. "You really don't understand how pointless all this running around is."

"It's not pointless!" I argue, although even I am having second thoughts.

"You might as well give up," Wyatt draws his wand and points it towards Y/N's direction. On the outside I am calm but on the inside I am terrified, however, Y/N doesn't look the slightest bit panicked.

"I'll tell you what," she begins, "Jameson in exchange for my freedom. You don't come after us. You don't follow us. You don't bother Jack and Mark and I ever again. And I don't breathe a word of this world in Brighton. Do we have a deal?"

"No one has to die here," Mark adds.

"Is that so?" Wyatt smirks. Suddenly, he draws back his wand and out of the end shoots out a green ball. Mark dodges out of the way just in time before he came into contact with the spell.

It's like going back in time. Once again, another brawl spirals out of control; spells are cast backwards and forwards, wizards duck for cover and Y/N dodges curses. Whilst Mark casts spells at Wyatt, Lewis and Newt, I disarm the other wizards and Y/N attacks them, throwing a punch, kicking their noses and dodging swings of fists. One picks her up from behind. Her legs swing off the ground trying to escape the wizard's grasp. Before I could step in and help, she has it under control. She kicks them in the groin, letting them fall to their knees. One final punch sends them to the floor, unconscious. Y/N is like a different woman. She isn't the quiet, passive individual I met all those years ago; she's a fighter. She continues to take out the wizards. A trip here, a kick there and dodging of enemy spells.

Looking over, I see Jameson just standing and watching the chaos until he takes off, running as fast as he could through the woods away from the drama. I didn't stop him. Whatever Wyatt was making him do, he obviously wanted no part in it.

Newt fires a spell towards my direction. I duck behind a rock and blindly fire curses back. Never did I imagine I'd be having a duel with my best friend.

"Stupefy!"

"Protego!" I cast a forcefield which rebounds Newt's spell and he is hit backwards. "Why are you doing this, Newt?" I ask during rebounding spells.

"She will expose us all!" He replies. "Expelliarmus!"

I dodge out of the way. "You can trust her!"

"You can but I can't! Levicorpus!"

I am suddenly levitated into the air, my legs and arms flail around. I manage to keep a steady arm and cast, "Incarcerous!" Newt's body is suddenly bound and I fall to the ground on my front. Groaning and slowly standing up I look over to where Newt was to see him on the ground unmoving. I cautiously walk over, keeping my head down. His eyes are closed, his head resting on a rock. He must've gotten knocked out.

I return to my position and cast curses and protection spells to help my fellow friends when suddenly I heard screams of agony. To my left, Mark was squirming on the ground in agony. Is face showed how much pain he was in, writhing on the ground as though he had no control over his body. Above him stood Wyatt, his wand pointed at his muscular body.

"No!" I suddenly yelled and I drew my wand.

Your POV
"No!" I heard Seán yell.

I turned around to see Mark squirming on the ground. He was having a seizure or something. I started to panic. What do I do? It was then I realised that Wyatt was doing this to him. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could, I was hit with a spell. I flew backwards into the air and landed with a harsh thud on the ground, hitting my head. My vision was going blurry and I was seeing double. Did I have a concussion? I slowly began to get up, using my arms to rise myself off my front. My chest felt light and I realised it was because my necklace had fallen off. A few yards in front of me, I saw the familiar glint of gold and red. I crawled towards it. I had minimal energy left. My fingers grasped around the ruby stone and to my shock, the stone was some sort of button. I accidentally pressed it and suddenly, a very loud roar of a lion sounded, echoing throughout the woods and sending everyone but me, Mark and Seán backwards, getting knocked out immediately, including Jameson. It was as though the sound waves of the lion's roar was powerful enough to act as some kind of forcefield.

I looked over to Seán to see his wand still drawn, just about to cast towards Wyatt before he was sent backwards. Mark was still on the ground but he wasn't writhing in pain, he was just out of breath. I slowly walked towards them, fondling the necklace in my hand. I stepped over unconscious bodies to reach them. Just ahead, Wyatt, Lewis and a body-bound Newt were lain unconscious on the ground. With a sigh of relief I fell into Seán's open arms.

"What just happened?" Mark asks as he rises from off the ground.

"I don't know," I reply, holding the necklace closer to my face. "Some sort of sound wave emitted from out of this."

"Out of the necklace?" Seán asked, the look of confusion on his face.

"Yeah."

"The important thing is it's over now," Mark says.

"For now," I add.

"We need to go back to the Ministry," Seán suggests. "If Wyatt and Lewis are truly criminals, then maybe the Ministry had nothing to do with this ridiculous chase."

"Seán's right," Mark responds. "Maybe they even have an answer to this necklace."

"Let's go," I say.

Seán looks over at Newt's unconscious body.

"I'm sorry about your friend, Seán," Mark says sympathetically. "It must hurt to have someone so close to you betray you like that."

"He's no friend of mine. My real friends are right beside me."

All three of us walk away from the scene. We will end this for once and for all.