Eleven- Case Of Wonders

Your POV
I felt my breath hitch in my throat as Newt opened the door to the wonderland which lay ahead. I was not prepared to see another world inside a small briefcase! I could spot more peculiar-looking creatures in different habitats; trees, countryside, water. It was like I was at a zoo, except instead of admiring the average giraffe and elephant, I was gazing at animals I had never seen before, animals which would be considered out-of-the-norm back in Brighton.

"Holy shit." I breathed.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone." Newt smiled. We all walked through the countryside, strange bugs buzzing their wings around us. "That's a Billywig." Newt says as he points to the bugs. I reach out but he slaps my hand away. "Don't touch them. Their sting is very powerful. You don't want to be levitated off the ground now, do you?"

"No." I shook my head and let my arm fall limply to my side. "Sorry."

We headed to the trees where Newt stopped at one with little light green twigs. I peered at it more closely and instantaneously, all twigs moved at once. I let out a small gasp and backed away. Seán and Newt chuckled.

"They're Bowtruckles, Y/N." Seán says.

"Oh, they looked like twigs to me." I replied with a small laugh. All Bowtruckles heads turned towards me and narrowed their eyes and then they looked at Newt.

"I think you offended them." Newt says quietly.

"Oh... sorry." I say to the stick insect-like creatures. Their expression relaxed.

Newt pulled something out of his top pocket and I realised it was another Bowtruckle. "Come on." He says as he tries to prize the little creature off his finger. "He has attachment issues." He says over his shoulder. The creature finally lets go and joins his friends. "This is why they all think I have favourites." Newt turns back to the Bowtruckle before leading us to the next place. "Erumpants over there." He points to a herd of large rhinoceros-type animals with a big horn, in a spacious environment.

"What are these here?" I point to nest of seven or more blue birds.

"Ah, Occamy. Don't be fooled by their size, Y/N. They can enlarge up to ten times more than their original size."

"Woah."

Suddenly, a loud cry from the sky sounded throughout the atmosphere. I looked up to see a graceful- and enormous- bird swooping the skies. A loud crack of thunder came and the fluffy clouds turned grey. Cold rain started to fall, slow at first then all at once.

"Thunderbird!" Newt shouted to me over the sound of the rain and thunder.

"Strangely enough, I figured that out for myself!"
———
A few hours must've passed whilst we were inside this fantasy world of a case. I've seen so many creatures I never knew existed and I'm completely fascinated. I see why Newt and Seán have an interest in fantastic beasts like these.

We were now all dried off from the Thunderbird's sudden appearance and sat in Newt's hut.

"So we're just going to hide in here?" I ask.

"That's the plan." He replies as he reads something in a book before adding a pipette full of something to a dish. It fizzed up but soon ceased.

"But what if they find us hiding out in here? What if when we go to exit, we find ourselves in... America or something?"

"I doubt that, Y/N." Seán says.

"It could happen." I shrug. "I don't know, I just have a strange feeling about this is suppose."

"I think we all do." Seán says and he takes one of my hands in his. "The important thing for now though, is to stick together."

All of a sudden, everything began to shake, bottles of brewed concoctions fell off shelves, the animals outside started to kick up a fuss and I fell off the seat I was on. Newt stood up, using the walls to support himself and Seán held onto the desk.

"What's happening?"

"Is this one of your animals?"

Seán and I ask Newt.

"No, I don't know what's happening!" Newt replies, panic written across his face. Before we know it, the shaking has subsided.

"Okay, what just happened?" I ask.

Newt ascends the ladder and pokes his head up. "Ah." I hear him say.

"What?" Seán asks.

"You weren't far off, Y/N."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, we're in a different location we were in."

"So someone picked us up?" I ask him. He nods and he descends the ladder again.

"We're in someone's home."