Nineteen- Obliviate

Seán's POV
"I just want to start off by saying how sorry I am for your loss." The Minister sits down at his desk to look at Y/N and I.

"Thank you, Sir," I reply sorrowfully. "Mark has been a very good friend of ours these past few weeks."

"I've heard about the rumours of Wyatt and Lewis killing Mark's brother and our late member of the Ministry, Tom Fischbach and I think you should know that over time, William Wyatt's mental state has progressed worse," the Minister explains. Y/N and I give him confused looks. "You see, William Wyatt is a man of many names. In his early days, he was sent to Azkaban for the murder of a Muggle-born family under the name of Roy Smith. He spent seven years after being released and all those years in prison drove him crazy. After promising to himself he'd be a better man, his mental state declined and he found himself becoming... well, a bit of a psychopath, targeting vulnerable Muggles. He was released from Azkaban for a second time after murdering Tom by an anonymous tip. To this day, I still don't know how he got away with it. This made his mental state progress worse. He was so determined on capturing you, Y/N, that his old self was shining through again. I believe he wanted to do more than just erase your memory."

"We believed that too," Y/N replies. "What about Lewis?"

"Just a friend of Wyatt's from the first time in Azkaban. You'll be glad to know that they will not be bothering you again any time soon."

"Glad to hear it," Y/N exhales. "There is one more thing that's on my mind."

"Ask away, my dear."

"The necklace. The one Seán got me. Did you see it?"

"Yes I did, correct me if I'm wrong but it emitted some kind of sound wave?"

"That's right. When we were in the woods, it knocked back every single wizard but me, Seán and Mark. Why did it affect them and not us?"

"That necklace that Seán got you wasn't just any old necklace, Mrs McLoughlin. It was an heirloom belonging to Godric Gryffindor himself."

"It was?" Seán asked, looking quite shocked.

"Indeed it was. That necklace was something Godric gave to his significant other until she passed away a few years later. The necklace was lost for many years until it was found again. It is said that those who aren't affected by its mighty roar are truly brave and bold."

"Sorry, I still don't understand. I'm a Muggle and I wasn't affected. How did that work?" Y/N asks.

"Y/N, you don't need to be organised into a house to be brave."

Y/N smiles.

"I'd also just like to apologise for everything that has happened. The Commander who ordered for you to be taken away in the first place was given no such orders from me," the Minister said apologetically.

"It's okay, Sir," I say as I stand up.

"In case you wanted to know, Mr Fischbach has been taken to St Margot's Cemetery. His family in America will be contacted and a funeral will be organised for him," the Minister adds.

"Thank you for letting us know and thank you for your time," I nod. Y/N stands up.

"Y/N, I trust you that you know not to expose our secret to the Muggle world?" The Minister says to Y/N.