Twelve- Magic In A Muggle's Home

Your POV
"What do you mean we're in someone's home?" I ask. Newt moves along the ladder so I could go up. I peered through the crack of the case and he was right. We were in a house, whose I did not know. It looked like we were in a sitting room, on a table perhaps?

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath. As I descended, Seán ascended and also had a look.

"We need to get out of this case before whoever picked us up comes back." Seán suggests.

"But then what? We'll have to get out this house somehow without them knowing." Newt chips in.

"Can't you apparate us out of here?" I ask.

"Not in the case no."

"I meant once we're out."

"It could work." Seán says.

"Okay, I'll go first." Newt says as he slowly opens the case and begins to climb out, trying to make as little noise as possible. "Wait." He whispers. "I'm just going to move the case on the ground." The case shakes again but nowhere near as much as before. "Okay, it's all clear."

"You go next, Seán." I say. He nods at me before climbing the ladder again and disappearing from sight.

"Okay, come on, Y/N." Seán whispers. I climb the ladder again and I am hauled out of the case by Seán and Newt.

"Thanks-oh..."

"What?" Seán asks.

"I think we have company." I whisper and point behind them. There stood a man in a tweed coat and flat cap, his mouth agape with shock at what he's just witnessed.

"Who... how... what...?" The man stumbled over his words.

"A Muggle." I hear Newt whisper to Seán and he nods in return.

"I picked up this perfectly ordinary case, then next thing I know there's three strangers in my house that has come from that case!" His eyes grow wide with shock. "I need to sit down."

"You do that but for now, you don't mind if we-"

"We can't just leave now, Y/N." Seán says. "We've been seen." I see Seán nod to Newt and Newt steps towards the man and draws out his wand.

"I'm really sorry about this." Newt says to the confused man. He raises his wand and points it at him.

"Wait, you're not going to-" I began as I thought the worse.

"Obliviate!" Newt casts and twists his wand a little. A bright light illuminated from his wand and the man's eyes turned lazy, as though he was in a deep daydream. The light diminished and Newt put his wand away and the man's eyes focused once again.

"Hmm, who are you?" The man asked us as though he had never seen us before.

"The electricians you called." Seán picks up the case. "Everything should be working fine now, Sir."

"I don't remember my electricity being faulty. I feel like I've been forgetting a lot of things recently though." He gave a little laugh as he scratched his head. "Thank you."

Seán gave a small nod to him as he began to walk out of the house. Newt and I followed.

Once we were outside and walking down the road away from the cottage, I near enough exclaimed, "What the hell did you do to him?"

"I took away all his recollection of him catching us." Newt replies.

"You erased his memory?"

"Not all of it, just five minutes of it near enough."

"You can do that?"

"Yeah, that spell is the whole reason we're on the run in the first place, Y/N... well, that and the fact some Muggle killers want to kill you too."

"Thanks for reminding me." I reply grimly. "So if we were caught back at the Ministry, that's what would've happened to me? They would've erased my memory?"

"Afraid so. That's the law." Newt shrugs.

"So I wouldn't remember who you truly are?" I ask Seán.

He shakes his head. "Which is why we're not going to get caught by the Ministry."
———
A/N:
Eek! Really crappy chapter. I'm sorry!