Ten- Hopping Into Another Wonderland

Your POV
We finally stopped spinning and we were somewhere I recognised instantly. Long grass, wild flowers, a gravel path; the meadow Seán and I went to for our anniversary.

"How come we're here?" I ask him.

"First thing I thought of. I don't know why." He replied sadly. But I knew exactly why. You could hear it as clear as day in his voice. He wanted everything to go back to normal. To be back in a time where life was easier.

I could feel all emotions bubble up to the surface and spill over the edge. Fear, sorrow, fatigue and guilt. I broke down. Everything was my fault. "I'm so sorry." I cried into my hand. If I hadn't been so nosy, none of this would've happened.

Seán wrapped his long arms around my body as I cried into his chest. "If... if..." I stuttered but I couldn't form my words properly.

"Shhh." He reassured me as he rubbed my back soothingly, his hand soon travelling up to my head where he ran his fingers through my hair. "It's okay. It isn't your fault, it's mine. I should've told you from the start." Truth is, I felt lost, like I was at sea with no way back. I visit a foreign, fantasy world and all of a sudden, a man threatens to kill me and we're some kind of wanted criminals with possible criminals chasing after us. I'm still shaken up. I calm down and dry my eyes. "Better?" Seán asked me as he lifts my chin up slightly with his index finger so I'm looking at him. I nod and he places a kiss on my forehead.

I felt something uncomfortable digging into my arm and that's when I remembered Wyatt's wand. I lifted it out of my inside coat pocket and handed it to Seán. "I managed to get this. I don't know if it will be of much use."

"Nice one- SHIT!" Seán suddenly yells, taking me by surprise as he frantically searches through his pockets.

"What is it?" I ask.

"My wand! I don't have my wand!"

Almost like a magic trick itself, Newt lifts out Seán's mossy-green wand from his pocket and holds it in front of Seán's face. "Looking for this?"

Seán's panicked expression relaxes and he lightly chuckles under his breath. "What would I do without you, Newt?"

"A lot of wonderful things I imagine." Newt replies with a sheepish smile.
———
It's night time. A clear- but cold- night with hundreds of thousands of stars scattered in the dark sky like pristine paint splattered on a canvas. Seán, Newt and I sit around a campfire to keep warm, my legs drawn to my chest. Even though I'm sat near a fire, I still shake and my teeth still chatter. Seán removes his jacket and holds it out to me. Shaking my head, I turn back to the fire, however, Seán insists. His jacket rests over my legs and I embrace the warmth of the linen inside. I glance over to Newt to see him with a small pocket knife and a lump of wood. His brows knit together as he concentrates on carving a little figurine of some sort. I rest my head on Seán's shoulder and he rests his head on top of mine. We watch as the burning wood gave off tiny embers drifting into the sky and disappearing into the chilly night.

"So what's the plan?" Newt asks, finally looking up from his carving.

"We could always camp out at home?" I suggest.

"We can't go back, Y/N. They'll be expecting us to be there." Seán retorts as he lifts his head upright.

"Oh."

"For now, we'll have to make do with this until we think of something." Seán sighs out as he stares into the fire, chewing on his bottom lip as the dancing amber flames reflected onto his glasses lenses.

"You know," Newt pipes up as he puts the knife and wood down beside him, "I think you two need to be a bit more observant."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Newt holds up a case which was placed beside him, as though the answer was obvious.

"Of course! How could I not think of that before?" Seán face-palms.

"We just need to find a secure place first." Newt says.

"What's going on? What is that case?" I inquire, once again confused. "Isn't that where you keep that Niftler or whatever?"

"First of all, it's Niffler and secondly, yes. This, Y/N, is a case of wonders." Newt holds the case in his lap as he runs a finger across the side of it. "This will possibly save our arses."

"Then what are we waiting for?" I ask as I stand up. "Let's go save our arses!"

Seán looks at me with a smile on his face and says, "That's my girl."

We found a quiet place in a wood, where Newt places his case on the ground and opens it up.

"So what does it do exactly?" I ask.

"Not what you'd expect." Newt simply replied.

Before I could question him further, he suddenly stepped into the case and to my utter surprise, his bottom half had completely disappeared, as though he was inside the case. Was there a hole in the ground under the case? I gasped as Newt went further until he was completely out of sight.

"But... he... what..." I pointed at the case, my eyes darting from it to Seán.

Seán merely chuckled and took my hand. "Come on." He followed Newt's lead and stood inside, going deeper and deeper until he was completely gone. "Come on, Y/N!" I heard Seán call.

Reluctantly, I followed. I gasped as my foot found a ladder and I was sinking further and further into the case. Once I descended from the ladder, I found myself in a little room. Herbs and concoctions littered the desks and books opened on specific pages were laid out on the floor. I could feel my eyes go wide with shock and my heart start to flutter again. I had had enough shocks and surprises for one day.

"But we... how did we... WHAT?" I struggled to comprehend what was happening. "Did we shrink?"

Seán laughed. "No, we're still the same size. The case is just 'not what you'd expect'." He quoted Newt's words as he glanced over to him.

"You're in the magical universe now, Y/N, where anything is possible." Newt chipped in.

"It's incredible!" I say as I look above me to see if I can see the opening to the case.

Newt smiled bashfully. "You think this is incredible? You haven't seen outside yet..."
———
A/N
JACK REBLOGGED MY POST ON TUMBLR AND NOW I'M DEAD! 😱😭

Author is deceased.
Story is done,
Finished,
Go home, y'all. 😂