Epilogue: Thank You

Thanks so much! That means a lot to hear! -Mark Fischbach

(Play the music and repeat! (I would've chosen a longer song but this one gives off a better effect.))

Mark trudged through the door of his apartment and plopped down on the couch face first. He rarely ever took a break from video making and he was ready to get back to it. But he already edited the videos for today, and both had already been uploaded too. What was he to do now? He could make some videos for tomorrow, but then he'd be doing the same thing as today. He sat up and normally on the couch and pondered what to do. Play some games for fun? Naw, he'd be too tempted to make a video out of it, especially if he got something good. He didn't want to go out again, he was too tired.

Go out. He remembered meeting that fan in the ice cream shop today. The one who tripped and stuck her cone in his face. He chuckled to himself remembering that. She was nice; didn't freak out as much as other fans had before. Of course, she was flustered and nervous, but she hadn't expected to meet him like that, right? She was wearing a Warfstache necklace though.

Cute girl. Mark wasn't looking for anything though. He was far too busy for any kind of dating. Plus she was a bit young. Not terribly, but like she was just out of high school or something. Definitely not for him. Even if he had time for a girlfriend, he hasn't really liked anyone enough to ask her out even once. Maybe he was just too picky with girls.

He stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out the letter the fan had given him earlier. It was a bit wrinkled, but not much. The front said "To Mark" and all around were little doodles and squigglies decorating the paper. The corners of his mouth turned up slightly as he carefully unsealed the envelope and pulled out a few pieces of paper.

Dear Mark,

If you're reading this, then that means I got the incredible honor of meeting you and you didn't turn into a BOUCHE and throw it away. Not that I think you would, but sometimes people are never as nice as they seem. I always thought you were a nice guy, though. I'm glad you aren't a total jerk to people.

I'm pretty sure you don't remember, after all you get hundreds of emails every day. I sent one to you last October I think it was and you responded to me. That was one of the best days of my life seeing an email from you, because then you at least knew I existed even if you didn't remember me. You read my email and responded with just two short sentences. It was more than I could ever ask for, really. Thank you.

The reason I bring that up is because I told you part of my own story, but not all of it. I told you I had a crappy summer having to work almost every day and getting treated like crap, not being able to see any of my friends and rarely ever getting a break even at home. To be honest, that wasn't even the worst part.

Before I found you, I had just gone through one of the worst fights of my life with someone I thought was my best friend. We used to do everything together, tell each other our secrets, and acted like sisters. But then out of the blue she turned her back on me and started spreading rumors about me that were false. She made me out to be the bad guy and most of my friends abandoned me during this time. Only two friends stuck with me, even though one of them didn't go to my school anymore and we only talked through text. One friend who hung out with me at school, one friend to back me up even while being the median in the fight. This lasted for almost the whole second semester of my junior year of high school.

We came out of that fight when my ex friend finally apologized and practically groveled at my feet for forgiveness. The only reason I did forgive her was because I felt sorry for her. Everyone who had abandoned me started crawling back to me and leaving her, realizing who the real victim and villain was. Still, the rest of the year was hard on me. I was trying to get my job and resettle my mental stability after being alone for most of the semester. I still felt lonely, though, since none of my friends even asked to hang out with me anymore. I felt like I just wasn't good enough for them and I would always sit in my room and cry.