Chapter 0: Prologue

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

SO! This is a fanfiction based off of the show Young Justice. The first season, not the second. The character Amelia Lionhart is based off of myself and Kaira Wilson is based off of my best friend who I wrote this story for. Now I do not own Young Justice or any character from the DC Comics Universe. However I do own Amelia and Kaira seeing as they are me and my best friend...Anyways, on with the story!

-lies4theliars

Hello! This is JWinchester! The reason I have an author's note is cause lies4theliars is stupid and decided to write this story on paper rather then type it! Since I really love this story and she is my best friend I have decided to type it for her :D I was the one that showed lies4theliars Young Justice and I am so glad she loves it just as much as I do! (She might love it a bit too much though XD) .The character Kaira Wilson is based off of me. This is one of her longest stories (God help me) and personally one of my favorites :) 

-JWinchester

PROLOGUE 

I don't even know really how to start this off. I mean, there are so many places I could start off with, so many things that I could and need to explain. But if I explain everything right away then there would be no mystery. I think I'll start off on the day I was found. By Batman. Batman found me at the age of 14 and took me away from my family in order to train me. Most people would think that this would be the coolest thing ever, however I hated that. Batman and I did not get along. It wasn't always like that. When he first found me, I had tried so hard to earn his respect and good opinion, but no matter how hard I trained or how well I did in class with private tutors, he would tell me that if I didn't strighten up, I would end up like my father. My father is a horrible person and Batman knows how much I hate him, but yet he says that to me. That is why we do not get along now. Though I take my training and schoolvery seriously, I will find any other way to piss him off. He especially gets annoyed when I leave home (Wayne Manor) leave the secret room I'm staying in and go to Dick Grayson's (AKA Robin) school and talk to him. See, Batman has not told Dick who I am, but I know all about him. I was given clear instructions from Batman to never talk to Dick, to never leave Wayne Manor, and to never reveal that I lived with Batman. Of course I try to do this on a daily basis but Batman generally catches me very quickly. The one upside to living at Wayne Manor is that I live with  my best friend Kaira Wilson. Both of us were best friends and Batman found us together, however she is nicer to him than I am.

I think the only reason Batman took us in was because we both have super powes. I don't think he saw any kind of extreme fighting talent in us because in all honesty if you had seen Kaira and I at the age of 14, we were the biggest losers you'd ever seen. Now we were pretty kick ass if I do say so myself. Now onto what our super powers actually are. Kaira is a Green Lantern, ever since she found her power ring at the age of 14. I was with her when it happened. She was going crazy when she realized she had powers. My power I didn't realize I had until about a month after Kaira found her power ring. Batman, along with Superman and Martian Manhunter came to talk to Kaira about her powers. Of course I was not actually with them, but I was walking towards them. All of a sudden I was lifted off the ground and I was flying. Of course I began to panic and flew myself straight into the wall beside Kaira. When I got up, the wall was dented. I saw Kaira and Batman, Superman and Martian Manhunter looking at me with shocked expressions. I tried to explain how I was just as confused as they were, but all they wanted was to see all of my powers. I think what scared them the most was that I had Superman's and Martian Manhunters's powers. Batman seemed to take the most interest in it. He also noticed that I was unable to absorb Kaira's powers so he kept us together so that if I got out of hand with my powers, Kaira could keep me in line. So now here Kaira and I are, 2 years later. Batman discovered that my super power is the ability to absorb other heroes powers, which makes me extremely dangerous. It was about the time where he discovered that I was adopted and who my real father is, which is why Batman and I don't get along. My dad is evil and the last time I spoke to him was 3 years ago. Batman did some research and found out that my father had injected me with experimental chemicals when I was younger that gave me my powers. Apparently, my father was going to use me as a weapon and he still intends to.