Chapter 1: Batman is a Jerk

Now is where the story truly begins. Kaira and I were sitting at home, waiting around for Batman to get here so we could go train properly instead of sparring with each other. When we heard the door open we both jumped up and saw Batman standing in the doorway. He walked over to us and gave an almost sad smile to us. Kaira smiled back widely and I just looked to the floor, avoiding eye contact. I heard him sigh and when I looked up, he was pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.    

"Kaira Wilson and Amelia Lionhart." I scoffed at his use of my adoptive name. "The Justice League is requesting that you join the recently formed team of young heroes. You will be moving out of Wayne Manor and into Mount Justice where you will train and be mentored. Kaira your mentor shall be Green Lantern, and Amelia, almost everyone in the Justice League will be a mentor to you due to your unique ability. I ask that you begin packing now, we leave tomorrow."

Kaira and I waited for Batman to leave and right after he did, we both started cheering and jumping around. We had been begging for months that Batman let us join the Team, but he was so strongly against it. Kaira began running around, trying to pack up everything we owned as fast as possible. Once we were done it was pretty late at night, and as much as we tried to fall asleep, we just couldn't. The thought that we would be getting to live in Mount Justice was just too much for us too handle. Despite her excitement, Kaira ended up passing out around 6 in the morning. Batman would be getting us to come and leave in about 2 hours. I heard my stomach growl so I left mine and Kaira's room to get something to eat. I walked into the kitchen and saw Batman sitting in there. I glared at him as he looked up at me.

"Too excited to sleep?" He asked me.

"You could say that." I mumbled.

"Look their is something I need to adress. Only Kaira, myself and the Justice League know about your real family. It must stay that way. The rest of the Team must not even see your face. Now, you have gained the ability to shape-shift from Martian Manhunter. You must- " I cut him off.

"I am not changing how I look." I growled out at him.

"Well then, you will find another way to hide who you are."            

I glared at him and began to storm off. "Didn't you come in here for something?" he asked.

"Yeah I did, but I recently lost my appetite."

"Look, Amelia.." He started

"No. Don't talk to me! Ever since I got here, you've been a total jerk to me. All I tried to do was earn your respect and approval. It's not my fault I am my father's daughter."

I watched Batman sigh and leave. I felt myself boiling over in anger. This wasn't the first time Batman and I had talked about this. The first time Batman had told me that he thought that I might turn out like my father, I ran away from Wayne Manor that night. I snuck out and took some money from Batman. I didn't really last long. Batman found me maybe 4 hours after I left. I told him to leave me alone and that I didn't want anything to do with him. The worst part about it all was that my dad was the reason for all this hatred. Batman and I actutally got into a fight that night, but I was so badly trained then, that I barely left a mark. I was so exhausted when Batman stopped attacking me that I just passed out. When I woke up, I was back at Wayne Manor. I tried to leave again, but it seems Batman did not agree. If I even touched a door or window in our room that could lead to outside, Batman would receive an alarm and be there seconds later.

Now as I watched Batman leave me alone for the 100th time, the only thing that kept me calm was that in a few hours I would be at Mount Justice, and Batman could no longer bother me or piss me off. I would only have to see him at certain points. I walked back into my room and layed down on the bed, hoping to clear my thoughts so that I could at least be some what happy before going to Mount Justice. I tried to think of ways that I could hide my face without having to shape-shift. I looked through all of my things until I pulled out a very baggy hoody. It used to belong to my adoptive sister and she gave it to me before I left. I slipped it on and brought the hood up over my face. it fell over it just enough so that people could not see my face, but I could see them. This was how I was going to hide my face. When I finally got all of my stuff re-packed it was 7:30 am. I walked over to Kaira and woke her up by pushing her off the bed. She fell off and groaned but did not bother me about it since it was a daily routine.