Chapter 9: Zombies

Batman, Kaira, Dick and I all talked and agreed that we would all live in Wayne Manor together. It was easy enough for me to pack up all of my things what with my telekeniss and it didn't take long for Kaira because of her power ring. Going back to Wayne Manor felt strange but in a good way, because this time, we would be going back as a family. Dick was even going to be a nice little brother and teach Kaira and I acrobatics. Kaira and I would not be in our old rooms though. We would now live in the main part of the Manor. We would also be attending Gotham Academy. I was ready to adjust to this new life. This was something I had wanted for a long time, something my adopted family could not give me. A feeling of belonging. However it was soon learned that Kaira would be living with Hal Jordan part time in order to train. Life in Wayne Manor was pretty good. It was a quiet, secluded life and I enjoyed that. Also not having to hide from Dick was an upside.

Months had passed by now. Kaira and Kaldur were still dating and they were one of the cutest couples ever seeing as Kaira was really shy, and Kaldur was very proper. I didn't even know if they had made out yet. Rocket had now joined the group. Kaira and her despised each other because Rocket was always hitting on Kaldur. Dick and I had formed a very strong friendship and most of the team thought we were dating, until he kissed Zatanna on New Years. I was too shy to ask Wally out and didn't even attempt to kiss him on New Years. I wanted to talk to Bruce about it, but I didn't really think that he wanted to hear about me crushing on the speedster. I mean he knows how I feel about him, but talking about it would just be weird. I usually just talk to Dick or Kaira about it when we are all home. Anyways a lot of things were going on right now and nobody could really wrap their heads around it. It was all rather confusing. The more missions we went on, the more powers I obtained. I was eventually going to explode from all the extra energy that I had. Bruce was intrigued by the amount of powers I had, what the chemicals must have done to give such power. All I can say now is that I hate needles and blood tests even more than before. However I now spent most of the time outside of Wayne Manor on missions with the team. It was good having a home where I felt accepted, but it was even better with the team because we all cared about each other and understood each other. Kaira and I got closer than before and were able to work very well together. However I could not hang out with Kaira as much as I wanted because she would be spending time with Kaldur, or training with Hal Jordan. However I usually spent my time training as well seeing as I had so many different mentors with different schedules. Was training hard? Did it leave me with little energy? Yes, but it was worth every minute. I loved the adrenaline rush I got from it. I was training under Robin as well for acrobatics! I must say I have gotten pretty good. I would never be as good as Dick though.

We were all at Mount Justice right now, doing nothing. Kaldur and Kaira were on the couch together, Kaira having fallen asleep against Kaldur's chest. He was just smiling at her, stroking her hair. Rocket was just off sitting by herself looking bitter. Superboy and M'gann were in the kitchen cooking something. Wally and I were sitting at the table. He was playing a video game and I was reading.

"Why are you always reading?" Wally asked.

'Expands the mind." I stated.

"Then your brain is at the point of exploding!"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I want to go out and do something fun! It's boring sitting around here with nothing to do!"

"Can't you entertain yourself?" I asked.

"I could, but it would be more fun for both of us if you entertained me." He smirked.

I smiled and whipped my book at his head. "Oww!" He yelped.

"Pervert!" I laughed.

"Nope! Just telling the truth."