Chapter 2: Cookies!

Kaira and I both walked down into the rooms that we would be living in at Mount Justice. I began to unpack all of my things and placing everything in their place. Once everything was in it's proper place, I decided to just sit around my room. I was too shy to go back out there right now. I pulled out my sketchbook and began to draw. I had taken art in high school and Batman encouraged it by hiring me countless art teachers. Each with a different skill. Batman said that my art should be used as a "grounder". Meaning it should be used so I don't have an overflow of emotions. As I sat in my room and was drawing, the last thing I expected was for somebody to burst in. That, of course, was exactly what happened. Wally  burst into my room so fast that I jumped and fell off of my bed from fright.

"What the hell?!" What gives you the right to burst into somebodies room like that! I could have been changing!" I yelled at him.

"Hey it was an accident! I meant to knock but I couldn't stop running that quickly. Besides I wouldn't have minded walking in on that." Wally said with a smirk.

I felt myself boiling over in anger and I went to go and punch him and right as I was about to, a giant green hand came and grabbed me and hoisted me up in the air. I looked and saw Kaira smirking in the doorway, the hand was coming from her power ring. I glared at her and began to struggle.

"Kaira, let me go so I can calmly kill him in peace." I said softly to her.

"First day here and you're already making death threats." She joked.

"Is she always like this?" Wally asked.

"Usually. I mean she is partially insane." Kaira joked around.

Kaira let me down and I calmly walked over to Wally.

"Stay out of my room unless invited. I have things in here that I don't want anybody touching. The first thing you never touch is my sketchbook. You touch that and I won't hesitate to rip you apart with my bare hands." I glared at him.

"Fine. Fine. But if I am invited into your room, can I touch whatever I want?" He smirked.

"If the only reason you came in here was to test out cheesey pick up lines, get out."

"Chill out. I came in here to tell you that M'gann made some cookies. They might be burnt or they might not be. Anyway she told me to tell you."

"Alright. I'll go."

"May I escort you?" He joked. 

"No thanks. But I'll race you. And...GO!" I yelled and sped off.

Wally was caught off guard, but that didn't stop him for long. By the time I was nearly at the kitchen he had caught up with me. I went to stop before I crashed into the kitchen but that's easier said then done. As both Wally and I tried to stop, we crashed into each other and the table in there. I groaned and tried to push myself up off the ground. Only that, upon opening my eyes I realized that Wally was under me, not the ground. Luckily for me, he hadn't opened his eyes and I was able to get up and cover my face again. I helped him up once he was over the pain and shock of the crash.

"Sorry about that. Guess I really do need some mentoring." I said quietly.

"Don't worry about it. You're getting used to the power. It's cool, your power. Must be pretty fun." he laughed.

"No. Not really. I'm mostly just seen as a amazing weapon to most people." I frowned.

"Trust me, with the lack of training you have, I wouldn't worry about it." Wally joked.

"Hey! I do have training! Just not enough!" I yelled.

It was at that moment Wally and I realized that the rest of the team had been there the whole time. Except for Kaira who had just walked in and stood beside Kaldur. Wow, she was so obvious. I tried to ignore all the looks that they were giving Wally and I.