Chapter 16: Not What It Looks Like

"You can't just run off like that!" Wally yelled.

"Says who?" I said.

"Says me! Look everyone is freaking out! Bats is going insane and Kaira and Dick are worried sick. Come back."

"I really don't want to. Not right now." I mumbled.

"Well you need to come back. I promise that Bats isn't mad at you. Hell he's mad at himself and at me for letting you go and talk to him."

"I'll still get yelled at. But I guess it's better to get it over with now rather than later." I sighed.

"Alright, we'll head back, but can we get something to eat first. Running across an entire ocean has left me starving." Wally stated.

I nodded and followed him to go and get food with Wally. I ate along with him, making sure that I would have enough food and energy to last the trip. Once Wally and I were ready to go, we set off for Gotham and halfway through it became a race of sorts. One of us was always trying to outrun the other. I saw Wayne Manor up ahead and I increased my speed. I began to pull ahead of Wally and I smiled thinking that I was going to make it. As I went to go and reach for the front door handle, so did Wally, and as the door opened we toppled through, Wally once again falling on top of me. This happened way too often for it to seem innocent anymore.

"Welcome back Miss Amelia. Master Wallace." Alfred said.

"Hey Alfred. Are Bruce, Dick, or Kaira home?" I asked, biting my lip nervously.

"No, I'm afraid they're not home." Alfred said.

"Alright. Hey Wally want to hang out for a while?" I asked, seizing the opportunity at hand.

"Yeah sure."

I smiled at Wally and began leading him upstairs before I heard Alfred let out a slight little cough. I rolled my eyes and looked over to him, frustration and annoyance very apparent on my face.

"Yes Alfred?" I said, fake grin in place.

"I do not think Master Bruce would be very happy if I let his daughter go up to her room alone with a boy."

I felt a blush form on my cheeks and when I looked over to Wally I saw that his face was turning red as well. We just got called out by a butler. How the hell does that even happen? I was cursing my pale skin at the moment and was trying to calm myself down enough so that I would not stutter when I spoke.

"Alfred. What Bruce doesn't know won't hurt him. Also, it's not like that with Wally and I. We're just going to play some video games." I said and motioned for Wally to follow me.

"Leave your door open, Miss Amelia." Alfred called after me.

"Fine." I groaned out.

Wally and I walked up into my room and I made sure to leave my door open. I then proceeded to jump on my bed, turning around in circles until I finally sat down.

"Well that was weird." Wally stated.

"What was? How I sit, or Alfred's lecture?" I asked.

"Both." Wally laughed.

"So. What do you want to play. I've got Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops, every Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Skyrim, Little Big Planet 1 and 2."

"Just pick your favourite." Wally smiled.

"Alright, Skyrim it is. But it's not multiplayer, so we'll have to take turns." I said.

I played for the first little bit and showed Wally what to do. I was a little shocked that he had never played it before, considering how popular it is. I showed him how to create a character, which buttons controlled which commands and how to kill a dragon. I also showed him how to use spells and cast dragon shouts. I handed him the controller and let him play for a while, aiding him whenever he needed it. Him and I played Skyrim for an hour or two before we got bored. I put in Oblivion and showed him the Shivering Isles, which he thought was pretty sick.