Chapter 7: Green Lantern vs. Consumer

I screamed as  I read through the paper and slammed my fist into the wall, causing a large and very noticable crack in it. I looked up at Batman and both of us understood what we had to do. Batman walked out of my room and I heard him call a team meeting. I sighed and went to where I knew Batman would be waiting. I could feel myself getting nervous. I wouldn't be able to handle it if they knew who I was and then hated me for it.

"So Bat's, what's the team meeting about?" Wally asked, eating a banana.

Batman looked at me and so did everyone else. I could feel myself beginning to shake and Kaira knew right away what I was about to do. Eventually Robin figured it out as well and both of them came to stand at my side. I smiled at them and then looked to the rest of the team.

"None of you know about my past or who I am. I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible but now it seems like my time has run out."

I pulled off my hood, revealing my face to them for the first time.

"My name is Amelia Lionhart. Well that's my adopted name. I was actually born with then name Amelia Joker, a constant reminder of who I really am. The Joker's one and only child."

I felt Kaira squeeze my hand and I knew that she was supporting me and so was Robin. I refused to look up at the teams faces.

"I never wanted you to know this however the Joker is now threatening your lives. If I do not go and meet up with him, he threatens to kill you all. My dad was never supposed to know where to find me. Kaira and I lived with Batman for two years while he was protecting me from the Joker. Now, Joker knows I am here."

"Look what you've done! You have put all of our lives at risk by trying to hide from your father! Is that how you support your team!" Superboy yelled.

"You put us all in harms way just so you could hide from your dad? The Joker?" Artemis growled.

"Yes I did, but I didn't want to. I was orders." I looked up at Batman.

"Amelia's father is not like the villains you face most of the time. You have fought him once, but Robin and I have fought him many times. He tortured her as a child. At a young age he injected her with experimental chemicals which is why she has super powers today. He intended and still intends to use her as a human weapon." Batman stated.

"But Batman, why would you harbour your enemies daughter?" Artemis asked.

"Because I didn't want her to turn out like him or like me. I wanted her to make the choice."

"I wouldn't trust her." Superboy and Artemis stated.

"Stop it! Amelia didn't choose for the Joker to be her father, so stop blaming her! We should be helping her!" Wally yelled at them.

"Wally has a point. All Amelia has done is helped us since she joined the team! She has never once betrayed us!" Robin said.

"I've know known Amelia for years and she would never betray us." Kaira stated.

"She will not betray us." Kaldur spoke. "I knew a month ago that Amelia was Joker's daughter."

I glared at Kaira. "Kaira did not tell me. I figured it out on my own." Kaldur said.

"Kaldur's right. Amelia is a good person." M'gann smiled.

"Most of you show good trust in your team mate. It is admirable considering the circumstances. Now we must all devise a plan on how to get Joker. If only we knew where he was." Batman said.

"I know where he'll be. Family reunion was a very specific clue. When I used to live with him, my dad used to have meetings with other villians that he liked to call "family reunions". They all took place at my old house in Gotham City. Batman you know where it is." I mumbled.

Batman typed the address into the computer and began devising a plan with the team. Kaira gave me a hug and told me that it was going to be alright. Robin and Kaldur gave me reassuring smiles. I went to go and walk away, but Wally stopped me before I could leave the room.

"Listen. Umm...I just wanted to let you know that you don't remind me at all of your father. You are a good person."

"Thank you Wally." I smiled.

"You know it's good to see you without the mask or the hood. Now I finally know who the beautiful girl is underneath the mask is."

I laughed and smacked him lightly on the shoulder. I then waved good-bye and walked towards my room. I was not happy at all. I didn't want the team to go after the Joker. He was my problem. My father. I didn't want to put the team at risk. I got changed into my costume and put on my mask. I then slipped out into the night. I was going to kill The Joker. My father. I went outside and went to go and run to Gotham when I was stopped. By a voice.

"Amelia, don't even think about it."

"About what Kaira?"

"You can not kill your father."

"Why not! My father tortured me for years! He's tortured Batman for years!" I yelled.

"You should not kill anyone! We can take care of your father as a team!"

"I will not risk your lives! I will kill him on my own."

"Amelia! If you do this, you are no better than Joker."

I turned back to look at her. Rage was written all over my face. I could feel energy boiling up inside of me and it took all I had not to hurt her.

"Stand down Kaira or I will hurt you."

"I don't want to fight you, but I will."

"Oh please Kaira, all you are is a glorified fan girl. You don't deserve the powers you have. You don't have willpower. You are nothing compared to me." I yelled.

I watched as Kaira changed into her Green Lantern form and I smirked. Our fight was about to begin. I ran fast to her and was able to land a punch right on her jaw. She flew backwards and I went to land another hit when a green hand grabbed me and threw me into a wall. I felt the wind get knocked out of me, but I didn't have time for it. I turned myself invisible and snuck up behind Kaira and landed another blow to her legs, knocking her onto the ground. I went to go and land a punch, but she quickly turned out of the way and I ended up only hitting the ground. I smirked as I began to run around fast enough to form a twister. I moved towards Kaira, but again she was able to dodge my attack. I stopped moving, now feeling tired from lack of food. I needed to wrap this up quickly. I was about to fly up in the air when I was pulled back down by my ankle and slammed into the ground. I noticed green rings were around my wrists. I saw Kaira walking towards me and I used telekinesis to push her away from me. I felt the bonds melt away and I got up and rushed over to her, about to land a blow when all of a sudden I felt something grab me. Kaira had pretended to be hurt.

"I'm sorry Amelia." She said before slamming me against the wall multiple times. I felt myself begin to get light headed and the last thing I saw was Kaira's sad face.