Chapter 15: Sometimes Risks are Necessary

When I woke up, everything hurt. I felt stiff all over and my throat felt like it had turned to sawdust. I looked up to 4 sets of eyes looking at me. I screamed and jumped back, hitting my head against the wall.

"What the hell! Don't scare me like that!" I yelled.

"Thank God you're awake!" Kaira said.

"What? How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"3 days." Bruce stated.

"What?! Just from being shot? I'm such a wimp!" I said.

"They were Kryptonite bullets. You're lucky you're even alive." Robin stated.

"Where's Roy?" I asked suddenly.

"Roy is in the hospital. His arm was cut off. They're giving him a robotic replacement." Wally said.

"Oh good... He can still be Speedy." I sighed out.

"How are you feeling, Miss Amelia?" Alfred asked.

"Fine I guess. Just a little stiff. Think I'm going to go train."

"What?!" They all said.

"What?"

"You can't go train! You just recovered."

"I need to get back into the swing of things otherwise I'll just be a mess." I stated.

"You're going to kill yourself!" Kaira yelled.

"Hey you died twice and went into a coma, but yet when we told you to rest, you ignored us! Now I'm going to go eat and then go train." I said.

I got out of bed and began walking towards the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and then headed towards the gym. I still felt like shit, but working out would distract me from that. I began lifting weights and training my acrobatics. It was fun and soon Dick, Kaira, and even Wally joined me and began training. It was cool, all of us training together with no masks on. It made me smile. It made me feel normal.

The next day we were at Mount Justice. Speedy was back with us, his new robotic arm working to his benefit. Green Arrow was talking to him right now, smiling fondly at his apprentice. I knew how upset Green Arrow was that Speedy had been missing for 3 years, he was just so happy and relieved when we found him. Green Arrow and Speedy walked up to the team.

"Roy, this is the team you will be working with. Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Miss Martian, Artemis, Zatanna, Rocket, Superboy, Green Lantern and Consumer."

"Do we all know each other's identities?" Roy asked.

"Well we know everyone's but Robin's but you know that!" Wally smiled.

"I know Kaldur and you Wally but nobody else." Roy mumbled.

"Oh well that's M'gann, and that's Rockelle, we gave Superboy the name Conner Kent, that's Artemis Crock, that's Zatanna Zatarra and —" Wally got cut off.

"I'm Kaira Wilson." Kaira said.

"And I'm Amelia Lionhart or Amelia Joker." I stated.

"Joker?" Roy questioned.

"Yes she's the daughter of the Joker! But don't worry, she's on our side." Wally smiled.

"How do we know we can trust her?"

"Amelia has proven her loyalty to this team and the League multiple times in the past 2 years. She is trustworthy." Batman stated.

I saw Roy look me over and I rolled my eyes at him. Damn kid was paranoid, but I guess being abducted for 3 years can do that to a person. I looked over at the rest of the team and they all looked extremely awkward in their own skin. What the hell was up with them?