Chapter 13: Saving Roy

"Do we have any idea where he is?" Artemis asked.

"As far as we are aware, the clone was made in Cadmus, but we are certain that Roy's body has been moved to a different location. We have 4 different locations where he could be. 1 in New York, another in Washington D.C, 1 in Gotham and the last one in Central City."

"How are we going to handle this mission?" Kaldur asked.

"The team will be split up into groups of 4. Superboy and Miss Martian, you will go to New York. Rocket and Artemis, Washington. Aqualad, Green Lantern and Zatanna will go to Central City. Robin, Kid Flash and Consumer will go to Gotham. All of you must keep radio contact with each other and the League. Due to the mission one member of the League will accompany you. Superman will go with Superboy and Miss Martian. Green Arrow will go to Washington. Green Lantern to Central City and I will be going to Gotham." Batman finished.

The team looked at each other and then we all branched off in our minature teams. I looked over at Kaira. I smiled at her. This was the first time we wouldn't be working as a team. I walked over to Wally and Dick who were talking amongst themselves. Wally seemed to have a worried look on his face. I mean it made sense, one of his friends had been missing for years.

"What's the plan of action?" I asked, walking up to them.

"Even if Roy isn't there, it is important that we gather as much information as possible. The mission will be covert. Get in, find Roy and information, and get out. We only leave when we find Roy or one of the other teams find him." Robin said.

"Alright, but we're going to need equipment for all of us. Rob, you think you can set us all up with utility belts?" Kid Flash asked.

"Sure thing, dude!" Robin smiled.

"Help us sneak around a lot better." I smiled.

"I don't know why you need one. You have the power to shape-shift, turn invisible and fly. What do you need the utility belt for?"

"I don't like shape-shifting and I still don't have full control of my flying abilities and I will be using the invisibility."

"Alright. We'll have to run it by Batman, but I'm sure he'll be cool with it."

"So, where in Gotham City are we heading to?" I asked.

"Arkham Asylum." Batman said suddenly.

"Yay, I get to pay mommy and daddy a visit." I said sarcastically.

"You will stay away from your mother and father. They will compromise your location."

"I was joking, but I understand."

"Now we do not know exactly where Roy would be kept, but if he is in Arkham, he will be in one of the cells, and drugged. We will have to find me and give him this medication in order to clear his mind." He said holding a small vile.

Batman placed it in his utility belt and then handed each of us our own vile to keep with us at all times.

"Do not lose the vile. Each has a different form  of medication that Roy must take."

'When do we have to leave?" Wally asked.

"Immedietly."

Wally and I ran to Gotham, while Batman took the Batmobile and Robin took his motorcycle. We arrived in Gotham just after night fall. As we stood outside of Arkham Asylum, I could feel the tension in the air.  I could feel how nervous we all were. This was going to be dangerous, we all knew it, but we had to save Roy, no matter what. I turned myself invisible and watched as everyone else changed into their sleath gear.

"We're going to split up again to cover ground faster. Robin and I will be a team. Kid Flash and Consumer will be a team." Batman said.

Figures Bats would do that. You'd think he'd be smart enough to team me up with somebody who wouldn't distract me. When I turned to look at Robin he was gone, then I looked back and Bats was gone as well. I sighed and turned to Wally.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Sure." Wally smiled.

"We should start from the psychiatrists offices. It may contain information on where Roy might be."

We snuck into the Asylum. Both of us needed the utility belt in order to sneak around. If we even made the slightest sound, it would alarm the inmates. It  wasn't as hard for me to sneak around, seeing as I was invisible, but Wally was forced to stay in shadow. When we made it to the psychiatrists office I used my telekenesis to unlock all of the doors. Wally and I snuck in and I sat down at the computer.

"All right. Boy genius can you hear me?" I asked calling Robin.

"Loud and clear." Robin replied.

"I need you to hack into the files on this hard drive so I can access them."

"I'll get it done faster than Flash." He laughed. "Done."

"Thanks Robin, over and out."

The files began popping up and I smiled as I searched through them. I smiled as the patients files. I typed in general information that I knew about Roy and began looking through the files.

"Do you think he's in here?" Wally asked.

"Possibly."

"What do you mean by that?" Wally asked.

"Remember Wally, there are 4 possible locations where Roy could be." I said.

"Just keep looking through the files. He's here! I know it!"

I sighed and continued looking through patient files, trying to find one that showed a picture of Roy. It was a lot more difficult than I had orignially planned which meant that it was going to take a lot more time.

"Batman, nothing has turned up so far. A lot of the information in the files are messed up. I think that the system was hacked before we got here." I said.

"Leave the offices. Continue to search around for Speedy. Robin and I will let you know if we find anything."

"What the hell is going on?!" Wally asked.

"Somebody obviously hacked the system and changed the files. We won't be able to find Roy there. We'll have to search for him ourselves." I said.

"This place is huge! It could take forever." Wally exclaimed.

"Don't be such a wimp! Now let's go!" I said.

I quickly turned invisible again and I walked out of the offices and began floating, in order not to make any sounds. I continued my search like this for awhile when I realized that it wasn't going to work. I quickly shape shifted into one of the female psychiatrists that worked at Arkham.

"What are you doing?" Wally whispered.

"I'm not getting any answers. I'm going to have to ask the person who runs Arkham."

"Who is that?" Wally asked.

"My father." I stated.