Chapter 10: Moonbeam Starchild

We joked around for awhile and M'gann and Superboy made all of us pancakes. We all sat around the table and were enjoying our pancakes when we heard footsteps. We all looked up and saw a girl with blonde hair, blue eyes and square glasses. She walked towards our table and picked up our pancakes.

"I want me some pancakes." She smiled and then skipped away.

Kaira and I looked at each other. "Moonbeam!" We both shouted.

Moonbeam was mine and Kaira's friend from school. How the hell she got in here without the alarms going off, we had no idea. She was completely harmless however. A little while after Moonbeam left Batman walked in with a confused look on his face.

"Who was that blone girl?" He asked.

"Our friend Moonbeam Starchild." Kaira said. "Don't know how she got in here but she wanted pancakes."

"She's the one who stole all the kryptonite from the Batcave. She was caught on the video camera."

"How did she get in there? It's inpenetrable!" Dick exclaimed.

"I have absoloutly no idea. Kaira go after her and get it back! I won't arrest her because obviously she has skills that I would like to look into." Batman said.

"But she's going to beat me up!" Kaira whined.

"Kaira, you have a Green Lantern power ring that has the ability to create and take the form of anything your mind wishes." Artemis said.

"Yeah. She'll still beat me up." Kaira sulked and walked away.

"Why did she want pancakes?" Wally asked.

"Moonbeam has a thing for breakest food." I laughed.

The team all looked at me weird and then went back to eating there pancakes. I shrugged and ignored them and went on to drenching my pancakes in syrup. I smiled at my plate and began eating really fast. Ever since I had gotten the powes of Flash, I had dropped a dangerous amound of weight. I was eating more than I ever have before in order to maintain a healthy weight. Wally and I basically ate the same things. Anythng that has sugar in it, Wally and I will eat. This also meant that I was on a continous suger high, which meant that Kaira was always in for a world of pain, and if she wasn't there for me to bother, than Dick was my new victim. However he would just usually make me work on my acrobatics. I was suprised by how much I enjoyed it, but it gave me almost a feeling of freedom. Dick was obviously a lot better at it than me, but he had been raised in the circus. I wouldn't expect anything else from him. Bruce was impressed by how much Kaira and I had improved since joining the Team and though he didn't say it, we knew he was proud of us. Kaira and I couldn't stay around Wayne Manor forever so there were occasional times where we would go out and act like normal teenagers. You know, going shopping, buying books, stuff like that. It was fun to even act normal for a change. I even went to go and visit my adopted family a lot now and Kaira would come with me. I kept on asking her if she wanted to visit her family, but she kept putting it off. I thought that it was weird but I didn't want to push the answer out of her. Since Kaira and I were both 16 we were grtting our drivers license. Kaira and I made it a habit to try and steal the Batmobile, but Bruce always caught us. Sure he'd let us drive his other cars, but only if he was in the car with us! He could trust me to get Joker arrested but not to drive a car.

"Bruce, why don't you trust me to drive? I mean I go into dangerous situations everyday and yet you're totally fine with that, but when I'm driving you're all tense and paranoid."

"Perhaps because though you save mindkind everyday, you are still a teenager and reckless."

"But I'm reckless when I'm fighting!" I continued.