Chapter 17: An Unjustifiable Argument

I looked after him and I wondered when the hell I was supposed to meet him in the Batcave. I decided to go down and talk to Kaira, Dick and Wally for a minute. I walked into the training room and saw Dick and Kaira laughing at a very red-faced Wally. I walked towards them and they all turned to look at me. Kaira erupted into laughter again. I looked at her, confused.

"Kaira, feel like sharing what's so amusing?" I asked.

"Oh Wally just decided to tell us about your awkward moment with Bats." Dick laughed.

"It was more awkward for Wally than it was for me. Besides all he was doing was tickling me anyways." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"I bet Wally thought he was going to die." Dick joked.

"Wally, you don't have to worry. He just gave me the no-boys-allowed-in-my-room lecture."

"He nearly gave me a heart attack!" Wally exclaimed. "He just appeared out of nowhere."

"Dude, he's Batman. What else were you expecting? KAIRA, STOP LAUGHING!" I yelled.

"I can't! God I mean being caught like that just sucks." She laughed.

"But we weren't doing anything!" I exclaimed.

"Doesn't matter. Still hilarious." Kaira smirked.

"This situation is not 'aster' after all." Dick laughed.

"Whatever. I have to go guys. I'll see you later Wally." I smiled.

"Yeah. Bye Amelia." Wally grinned.

"Wait where are you going? You just got here." Dick said.

"I have a meeting. More like a lecture." I said before walking off. I began walking towards the entrance to the Batcave and I opened up the secret entrance and slipped inside. I walked into the Batcave and saw Bruce sitting in front of the computer. He turned around in his chair. He had his suit on, but no mask.

"You're late." Bruce said.

"You never gave me a specific time." I stated.

"I expected you to know, none the less."

"Alright, what do you need me to talk to you about?" I asked.

"I need to discuss your behaviour at Arkham Asylum."

"I assumed as much." I muttered.

"It was completely irrational and not only did it compromise the mission, but you risked the team's safety as well as your own."

"I am aware of that. I did not originally plan on going to Joker for advice. However when I realized that the computers had been hacked into and the information toyed with, I realized that there was little left that I could do. I knew that the Joker knows everything there is to know about Arkham, about the people inside of it. I knew that he could tell me where Roy was. I was not anticipating the kryptonite bullets however. Once I realized what they were, I let all of you leave, so that none of you would get hurt. I knew that if I got the bullet out, I would be fine. Only when the kryptonite began to spread did I realize the severity of the situation. I apologize for my actions, but I did what I believed to be necessary. I am sorry if that distresses you in any way." I said.

"I don't like seeing you get hurt. I don't like seeing you putting yourself at risk. I realize how ridiculous it is seeing as you fight crime every day. This just bothered me more."

"Because it was my father. He has been your nemesis for a great number of years. The fact that I'm his biological daughter and your adoptive daughter. It is a little strange and I know that you care about me and want to take care of me, but the fact that I'm even related to him scares you. but I know this. I hate him, maybe even more than you do. I don't trust my father, not for a second. But for some reason he trusts me. Maybe he thinks I'm still working for him. I'm not sure." I stated.