Chapter 6

Shangguan's suspicions finally cleared out. The mind boggling questions he was pondering a moment ago dissipated. His brows that were knitted before finally eased. His eyes flickered with humor was covered in a strange light.

Who would have thought he would meet the infamous bizarre daughter of Prime Minister Dongfang Zhou here in this place, and she was his benefactress?

And the strange thing was, the rumors didn't even have a single truth in it. What ugly, unruly, and high rolling squanderer was this? Those who made rumors must be blind.

Li Yue doesn't have a slightest idea that her identity was exposed. She was careless in carrying the sword. She was just cautious especially in this dark peripheral area where beasts may sprout out from nowhere. She was obviously high on guard because she had an extra luggage and those tied up lads needed to be watched out.

After assessing that her face was fine, she returned to the spot she left off.

Shangguan returned his previous expression when he heard footsteps coming. The play was about to start!

"About the compensation, I will happily agree to give you the two manuals you requested, plus another two manuals as a bonus. However, I think these may not be enough. I will reward you more generously if we ever cross paths again, and this will a token of my indebtedness."

Shangguan was inwardly rejoicing at his mother for ruining his mood. Otherwise, this chance meeting would never happen.

Li yue took the jade token since uncle was so generous. She inspected it and found the gold inscriptions of the soaring kirin beast that was engraved was oddly familiar. However, before she could take another inspection, Shangguan suddenly asked for her name.

Of course, Li Yue was not stupid and blurted out a random name, "Jas Qi Din".

Shangguan didn't ask further and started to addressed her with that ridiculous name.

" Brother Jas Qi Din, The manuals that I currently have are only this four;  "Ice Lotus palm Strike", "Dragon Soaring Ember", "Advance Shadow Stealth", and the "Yin Moonlight Sword Dance".

Li Yue eyes keep getting wider and wider each time he mentioned the skills' names. Her eyes were so big that anytime they could fall out of sockets. Her mouth was wide opened enough to fit a chicken egg. She couldn't conceal her astonishment. She was on cloud nine at the moment and couldn't wait to hug 'lots of treasures' thigh for being so generous. She didn't even valued a shred of dignity when she said;

" Uncle, are you fine already? Do any of your wounds hurt? How about your belly? Is your vision still blurry? Do you want a massage, or you needed pills? I still got plenty."

The Li Yue now, was like a dog wagging its tail, fawning its owner for food. It was really a funny scene.

Li Yue was very contented and happy when deciding to save this person. She didn't know that he was this generous. She hoped he gets assassinated everytime, so she could save him at that moments.

He would definitely choked, if he heard Li Yue's thoughts.

Shangguan was elated. This was the expression he wanted her to have. This girl was easy to please, too innocent and naive.

Even giving out couple of manuals more, he wouldn't become poor.The treasury and imperial study were filled by them.

But, the ones he showed belong to the highest grades. He appeared to be utmost gratified with his bloosoming face, thoroughly hiding his inner motives.

Li Yue' s mind was solely brimmed with the jade tablets in front of her. Her eyes were like stars, twinkling. She was itching to snatch those. The earlier odd looking token was stuffed in her sleeve pocket.

"It doesn't hurt anymore.Thank you for nursing me and saving me back then. As for the rest, you can state your other conditions. I'm all ears."

" Young master, It was nothing at all. These manuals are way enough." The way she was addressing uncle was more cordial. Li Yue really want to go home already and start learning these skills. What would Xiao Zi do, if he knew I struck a big pot of gold? He would turned green from envy. This must be a requital for the misfortune she encountered earlier.

"Then, Thank you again Brother Jas Qi Din." Shangguan was happily cupping his fist saluting Li Yue.

"Mmn.. No need....No need...Then if its nothing mode I'll take this." Li Yue enthusingly sent the jade tokens inside her spatial ring. She was gently wiping the accumulated dust of it...as if there were. Today's harvest was really bountiful!

She sat out in the corner patiently waiting for the morning to arrive, and sent off Young master 'lots of treasure' on his way.

"Hey, young master, is there anyone looking for you?" As she was about to said those words. She felt hundreds of footsteps rapidly heading their way. She stood alarmed. She couldn't fight hundreds at once. She really wanted to cry. She hurriedly went to wake the master up to warn him of the impending doom.

As she was about to shake him, he leisurely replied without worry,

"They're with me." Shangguan was calm. It was about the right time those people showed up. His parents must have issued a search party, knowing this prince's life stone was dimly lit, indicating he was close to perished.

(A.N. you can use as reference those life stones in the  'The Journey of Flower')

Li Yue calmed down and sat, and let out a breath. She wiped the sweats on her forehead. That was a close call.

"Young master, you could have said so, I was suffocating earlier." Li Yue was fanning herself, tugging her collar for some air.

Shangguan averted his gaze. Damn, couldn't she be little conventional? Shangguan turned his face away to look for any signs of the imperial guards.

A moment later, the footsteps halted. Shangguan slowly stood and faced the crowd of imperial guards that were kneeling.

Shangguan gestured. They stood up. All of them express their apologies for not being able to stay by his side. Luckily, the crown prince didn't die or their heads will be at stake.

Shangguan dismissed their thoughts and decided to bid farewell to the girl. But, when he turn his head, not even a shadow was there, and even the fur bed was long gone. Besides that, there was a note sticking on his robe: The bad guys were tied up at the tree 5 meters to your right.- Jas Qi Din  V.

He never thought she would behaved like a thief. Is getting intimate with this prince's that bad? Or she don't want to get attached?

Fine, let her be free for a while. She would eventually know where to stand.

The play was still continuing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you liked the chapter, click the star to vote. :)