Chapter 10

She took a second look of the man's face, she thought she might have mistaken. But upon closer look, her lips trembled, the features were all definitely Sheng Zi's.

"Why?" Thousands of questions flowed into Li Yue's mind but she swallowed it all, she can only muster a simple 'why'.

"Why?..... Yue'er, I was the one by your side all those years but how could you marry the man you only knew for half a day." Sheng Zi was outrage. All his emotions were streaming. Affection... Hatred.....frustration.

Sheng Zi was in love with her. He was planning on getting her parents for blessings but he never expected that Shangguan would also have the same thing in his mind and was a step ahead.

Since he couldn't break a royal edict, he will force the emperor to withdraw the marriage. The emperor would like a powerful supporter to stabilized the crown prince position but if Li Yue will lose that backing, the emperor would surely no hesitate to retract.

And so he plan the extermination of Li Yue's entire family just to obtain his single goal: Li Yue!

"Sheng Zi... Did you kill my family just for that." Li Yue quavered, the shock and anger was apparent in her voice.

Sheng Zi pursed his lips and paused for a moment. Right now, Li Yue must have hated him to bones and itching to kill and dismember him.

But, Li Yue must have just had that thought on an impulse. Surely, she still have attachment for him. She would not just casually throw all those goodwills of friendship.

Unfortunately, the two thoughts were contradicted. Li Yue was planning thousands of ways to kill him.

"Sheng Zi, I, Li Yue swear to the heavens that I will avenge my family no matter what and who stands in my way and If I fail to do so, may lightning strike me to death." She was seething with anger, all words were like poison hitting Sheng Zi sore spot.

Sheng Zi never thought the night would resulted to this. Li Yue clearly hate him now and will even forsake those hyears of friendship. Back then, did she even held a part of him in her heart?

Sheng Zi knew it was all wishful thinking now. Yet he couldn't accept the fact no matter what. It will depend now on the last trump card -  The Delusional Iris.

Delusional Iris was said to be a potent drug that will make the victim in a state of delusions and false dream. It would make the victim like puppet listening to every command of the the one who administer it. It took massive wealth, and labor to obtain one.

'Yue 'er, I'm sorry for this, you made me no choice.'

Li Yue was cluthing her head, the paralytic drug was starting to diffuse with her blood vessel. Her eyelids was on the verge of shutting down.

Li Yue gritted her teeth, she must hold on, hold on!

All of sudden, she gripped her sword and made a deep incision at her left arm. At the same time pressing near the spine stopping the blood circulation in to her brain and redirecting it out of arm. With this, she has 5 minutes before her body collapsed.

5 minutes to get out of here.

Sheng Zi was dumfounded watching Li Yue injured herself. Does she hate him that much?