Chapter 8

The once peaceful courtyard was in a mess, littered of bodies of guards and maids. All devoid of breath, the grass was dyed in crimson blood. A stomach churning spectacle!

She staggered carefully not stepping on the corpses. Her mind was panicking. She was extremely worried about her parents.

The red clouds were merging with the sky. Swarms of smoke was in every corner in the yard, obscuring the passageways. There was not a shadow in sight.

Is everyone gone? Father? Mother? Where are you? Li Yue is worried She was grieving. Her face was tears stricken.

Li Yue was rushing towards the peach blossom courtyard, where her parents was residing. No matter how shrouded with smoke the place is, she had already memorize this path.

She was breathless, cupping her nose to prevent inhaling the scorching smoke. Her hope was bit by bit fading away.

While, she was just 5 meters away from the door, she halted. Her anguish intense more, the agony increases hundredfolds. Like a knife stabbing her heart, the pain was tormenting.

The courtyard was burned completely, everything was charred black. How long did she sleep? Why didn't anyone wake her up?

Not caring getting burned by the embers, Li Yue dashed in the charred room, picking and kicking the black charred woods on the way.

Li Yue was anxious searching for any signs of them, hoping they did not perish on the fire, hoping they were hiding somewhere. Yeah! They were definitely hiding somewhere.

Her hands were trembling and wounded. The pale hands now contained patches of inflamed skin. But, Li Yue did not even bother, she keep searching like a mad person.

'Father, Yue'er would be obedient now.'

'Mother, I'll you let pick all my clothes. I'll let you do my hair.'

'So, please be alive, please be alive!'

'I will do whatever you want me to do. Just be alive, alive.'

She thoroughly check every nook and cranny, every inch of the burned room, but she couldn't fine any carcass.

Her eyes lit up. Her parents must be waiting for her somewhere , they must have escaped.

She frantically got out shouting;

"Father, Mother, Where are you?"

"Father, are you okay?. Make a noise if you here me."

"Mother make a noise, Yue'er will help you."

"Father, Mother why aren't you responding?."

She was in between breaths, the smoke was excruciating making her voice hoarse. But, she couldn't care, she was determine to know of their safety?. She continued to shout, her fear worsen by every minute. If something happens, what would she do? How could she live? Who would she live for?. She gulped. She couldn't continue her thoughts.

As she was about to give up, someone spoke in a low voice almost inaudible. She turned her head towards the sound. There she saw a familiar figure lying lying on her stomach. Its back was wounded with a deep stab. Blood was profusely staining her clothes. Her condition was pitiful, she was burned in some parts. It was a miracle she could still hold on.

"Jing Qui, how?..... Who?....How did this happen?, why did you not wake me up?."

Li Yue scooped Jing Qui into her arms. The former was shaking, crying non stop. Jing Qui was only 14, two years younger than her, she would turn 15 just next month, she even prepared a present ahead. Why? Even she wasn't spared? Those culprits would need to pay severely. Blood for Blood.