Chapter 23

Dedicated to KivelleCult Araneeyusoff siklhisa

Yibei returned his Father's hug and buried his face for a moment. It's been two weeks since he saw his parents. He also missed his Mother's birthday celebration within those weeks. Hearing his Mother's situation, his heart ached. Mother must have been holed up in her room again just like what happened when brother disappeared.

"Father, I came here to tell you a very important matter I discovered. Can we talk somewhere private after my friends entered the city." Yibei tossed a look on Li Yue's direction.

Li Yue had been staring at him since that middle aged man hugged Yibei. Seeing Yibei hugged him back, she concluded the middle aged man must be Yibei's father. The two must have a close relationship seeing them openly displaying their affection. However, she was also slightly shocked finding out who was his father.

The father and son separated. His father returned to his post and gave specific instructions to this subordinates and gatekeepers. Yibei returned to Li Yue's side. They both made their way to the gates.

"So that was your father?" Li Yue asked him while looking at the officers making some way for Yibei.

"Yes, he is." He raised his eyebrows looking at Li Yue's handsome face. It's truly a miraculous jade, able to make the bearer's looks and stature changed completely. 

"What is his position?" Li Yue was in deep thought. The sirens in her head was faintly ringing.

"He is a general. Are you really from Dongling? How come you don't recognized General Su Fei Tzu, the fierce tiger of the Dongling, my father." Yibei raised his eyebrows feeling intrigued looking at Li Yue's distressed expression. She had been asking him questions about the political matters in Dongling during their travel. He was somewhat suspicious about her background and seeing her frowned he smiled.

Li Yue's head was resounded with loud sirens. "Y-Yibei, do you know General Wu Chang?" Li Yue gulped waiting for his response.

"Yes, he's a famous general in Dongling. My father and him often meet and talk about war strategies over a game of chess." Yibei saw Li Yue's brows wrinkled more. Her expression darkened.

"Yibei, we should separate our ways here. Xiao Jing and I will make our way to the capital by ourselves. You should be acquainted with your father for a while, he really seemed to have missed you." Li Yue tensed averting her eyes from his suspicious gaze.

"Father will understand. I owed you my life and I should be responsible for it. It's only a day to the capital, we should find some place to rest." Yibei wanted to rest at his father's place, however he recalled Li Yue. She was a female so it was unlikely uncomfortable sleeping in a place full of men.

"No, I insist. Xi Jing and I will be alright. But, If you want to repay what you owed, a little amount of money would do. I don't have anything in me to rent a room for a day." Li Yue spoke never making eye contact. She really want to run away at this moment. Who knew this guy's father was well acquainted with Li Feng's father. She truly wished she would not be exposed.

"Why are you rushing to go the capital? Is there some sort of emergency?" Yibei's company finally entered the city. Stalls, shops, restaurant, people of all sorts scattered throughout the city. The hustle and bustle of masses made the place crowded and lively.

"Y-Yes, I have some emergency. My parents are really worried for me. Mother's birthday would be tomorrow and I don't want to be late. I've left the manor since last Month, and I couldn't bear to stay here for another day." What she spoke was somehow true, Li Feng's family must be frantically searching for her.

"Fine. But if you encountered a problem, used this jade." Yibei tossed a piece of smooth jade in Li Yue's hands. "That jade will helped you fend off some troubles."

There was inkling of reluctance when he agreed to separate their ways. He really wished she could stay a bit longer with him. If fate permits, perhaps there would be a chance. Dongling was but just a small empire, so there might be chances where they would meet again.

"Okay. Xi Jing ang I will go now. Farewell." Li Yue was really nervous the whole time. It was good that Yibei gave in otherwise she might sneaked and travelled during the night to the capital.

"Wait. Here's the money. You can buy something for your mother. Along the way, you can also buy some clothes for the two of you." He forcefully smiled keeping himself from frowning.

Li Yue nodded and smiled. She turned around and gave Xi Jing a look. Xi Jing quickly dismounted and walked towards Li Yue. Li Yue also dismounted and held Xi Jing's hand. As they were about to go in to shop for clothes, Yibei suddenly said, "You never told me your name."

Li Yue widened her eyes and stiffly looked back. "You can call me Yue Li." She absolutely wanted to use 'Jas Qi Din' however, Yibei might asked more questions.

"Mmm, I will remember your name. I hoped we meet again" He smiled at Li Yue.

Li Yue stiffened and waved him goodbye. She hoped they would never crossed paths again. Walking towards the crowded street, they looked for a place to rest. Seeing the people send her strange looks, Li Yue raised her brows. Is she really that dirty? Xi Jing on the other hand had tugged his hand relentlessly out of her grip however, her strength surpasses his, so he could only hide his embarrassing face. He could feel Li Yue's smooth silky hand holding his, and with that thought he bowed his head more. It was his first time being in close contact with a woman and what more Li Yue's looks were remarkable.

Li Yue's hearing could picked up the conversations of the people, and one particular conversation made her stop and listened.

"Did you hear any news about General Wu? A month and a half ago something happened to his daughter."

"I didn't know about it. Luli, what happened to his daughter?"

"Yi! It's funny actually. You know that trash Wu Li Feng, she died during the annual hunting feast."

"Really? How did she die?"

"According to what I heard, she was ravaged by a beast, even her bones were not spared."

"What kind of beast was it?"

"That's the funny part. She was attacked by a mere second ranked beast."

Boisterous laughter filled the end of the conversation. She switched her gazed to the two man drinking inside a bar. Glancing at the jade on her hand, a grin tugged on her lips. This would be a good time to test this jade. Let's see how much trouble can she fend off.

___________________________________

Woohoo! She's finally on Dongling.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it,
I'm about to lose control...

If you liked the chapter, click the golden star to vote. :)