The Story of the Legend Chapter 3

Amari sat in the chair that was placed in front of Su Hyun's desk. She tried her best to avoid any eye contact with him by averting her gaze to all around the office. Both of her hands were fidgeting in her lap. Su Hyun tried his best to calm down his heart by inhaling and exhaling. Why did Amari had to look exactly like Kali?

He cleared his threat, before saying "Miss Amari, you seem to have an interest in our company. Why is that?" He asked her in a professional tone. Everything that happened between the two of them; her resemblance to Kali, nothing mattered.

Amari noticed the professionalism and was able to forget the previous encounter.

"Yes I am interested in your company. It's so affluent. I have done my research and come to respect and admire your policies. You respect your employees and your customers. You take care of both of them".

Su Hyun nodded. "Why should we hire you?" He asked her, taking notes.

"You should hire me because I am a very hard worker, despite how I seem. I will get the job done in an efficient manner, no matter how big or small the task is. I am a constant and fast learner. I love expanding my knowledge on new and different things. I crave it". She answered him.

Su Hyun nodded his head as he checked out her resume. It shows that she has been working plenty of parttime jobs and have previous experiences at working at a hotel, while also going to Seoul University.

"Hard worker indeed. Multiple part time jobs and going to a university? Impressive". He thought. "What has brought you to our company?" He asked as he continued to lament over her resume.

"To be honest, I just saw an ad online and decided to apply for it". Amari said as she continued to fidget with her fingers in her lap.

Su Hyun peeked over her resume and checked her out from head to foot.

"She's actually really attractive". He thought as he went back to reading her resume, reading her "skills" section. "What do you hope to gain from working with us?" He asked, checking her out again. "She has a nice well toned body". He thought.

"Well, while I am a hard worker, I still do have issues dealing with other people, so I would want to work on that flaw, my people skills".

"She seems more than qualified to work here. She has experience in the field and has a goal to improve herself. Besides, I don't like conducting interviews". Su Hyun thought.

He has no reason not to hire her and she applied at the most convenient time for the both of them. However, Su Hyun wanted to play around with Amari. Consider it payback for scratching up his beloved car. He slammed Amari's resume down on his desk, surprising her, making her jump a little in shock. Su Hyun smirked at the reaction she gave him, so decided to take this a tad bit further for fun.

Su Hyun got out of his chair, making Amari watch his every movement. He stood so closely in front of her that Amari could feel the heat emitting from his body. She grew nervous, but her expression showed something different, confusion and curiosity. Su Hyun gently caressed her cheek, before softly grabbing her chin and pulling her face up to close proximity to his own.

Amari's face flushed, but she held it back. "The hell?" Was all she could say.

"I could hire you, but that would require one more thing from you". Su Hyun said as he stared at her luscious plumped lips, leaning forward a bit.

That's when Amari punched Su Hyun in his face and pushed him away from her, taking him by surprise. No woman resisted him before. This was a first. Su Hyun stared at Amari shocked and confused as he held his cheek, rubbing it to stop the aching. Amari was about to punch him in his genital area, but Su Hyun quickly caught her arm before she could and held it above her head and away from his private areas.

Amari looked at him furiously, trying to get out of his grasp.

Su Hyun stared at her, watching her, intrigued by her. She resembled so much with Kali, but the two were so different. Amari was more feisty, while Kali was more serene.

"Look, I was only joking. I wanted to get you back for scratching up my favorite car. Nothing more".

Amari quit trying to struggle out of his grasp. "Look, sexual harassment is nothing to joke about alright? Plenty of women go through it in the workplace with it going untold. Foreigners and those that "resemble" foreigners get it even worse with the reputation of us being easy. Please, don't joke about that". She told him, calming down.

"I apologize". He told her, still staring down at her.

Amari nodded, before saying, "people who look like me, who look like foreigners automatically get outed. We are automatically deemed as easy, sexual objects or criminals, which makes it tough for us to survive in this world, even though this is our world, even though we were born in this world". She said, which made Su Hyun look at her with wide eyes.

"Even though this world has made us it's enemy, still I stand strong and tall and move forward". "Please don't make this harder for me than it needs to be, Mr. Su Hyun".

"I apologize again". He told her. "You're hired".

Amari smiled with relief. "Thank you". She bowed her head.

Su Hyun stared at Amari, surprised. She is sounding exactly how Kali used to sound.

Joseon Dynasty
(May 12, 1592)

Not taking her eyes away from the mesmerizing golden ones, Kali took the hand of the fox that now turned himself into a young boy her age. The gumiho gently pulled her up to her feet and watched as Kali dusted herself off.

"Thank you", Kali said softly. She didn't really the know what tone to speak to to such a mysterious and deadly creature such as this. "Who are you?" She asked it.

"I am a being that bares no name for I am everyone and anyone".

Kali was confused at first, but it dawned on her. It transforms itself into a human. It can literally be everyone and anyone it chooses to be. "What are you?" She asked.

"A gumiho". He simply told her. "But enough with the your questions. Girl, tell me why those village men seemed to harm you?" He asked, politely demanding an answer from, sounding both intimidating and friendly at the same time.

However, Kali didn't feel intimidated at all, but she decided to answer his question anyways. "People who look like me, who look different from those that surround them are often perceived as objects than human beings. We are sexualized and criminalized, even those that was birthed on this land. Men touch me in appropriate places, but I'm too young, naive and fragile to fight back. Anything goes wrong, I am always the scapegoat. It makes living in this world unbearable". She answered him.

"How do you go on living knowing that this land has made you their enemy?" The gumiho asked.

"I stand strong and tall and I move forward and look forward to a new day".

This young girl has made the gumiho feel another foreign affection towards her, understanding. This girl, the gumiho was curious about her. What else can he learn from her? He wanted to stick with her and find out.

"Since you don't have a name, do you mind if I give you one?" Kali asked.

The gumiho simply shook its head.

"Your name should Deok Su Hyun. 德 (Deok) meaning morality".

Dancing with a  구미호 Gumiho जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें