The Story of the Legend Chapter 32

Joseon Dynasty
(May 17th, 1592)

Ever since the word got out about the gumiho, the villagers were never at rest or at ease. Everyone had their guards up and eyes sharp for anyone or anything that was suspicious. Up until now, the gumiho could have freely wandered amongst the villagers with Kali and fed when he needed to. Now, that was much harder. Even so, the gumiho did not worry about himself, he worried more about Kali and her being associated with him. If any of the villagers ever found out her relationship with the gumiho, Kali could be in danger. Her family could be in danger as well. Su Hyun didnt want that for her or for her family.

Su Hyun was safe for now, hiding in this cave, but his safety will not last long. Sooner or later, someone was going to find him and exterminate him. Despite him being a powerful supernatural creature, numbers still mattered. If there were enough of them, he could be overpowered and taken down, but that didnt matter. What mattered was that no one ever knew of Kalis relationship with Su Hyun.

Kali was out scouring for any details and updates on what was happening with Su Hyun. What were the villagers doing, what were they planning on doing, what were they going to do if they ever found Su Hyun? Though, Kali knew the answer to last question. She shook away that thought from her head and continued to investigate. She needed to think of a plan. Su Hyun couldnt hide in that cave forever. He needed a better escape. She understood he would not transform into a different person, mainly for her sake. Su Hyun didnt want to be disguised as a man she did not recognize. She fell in love that man and that face. Kali wouldnt have minded his transformation if he was safe, but she wasnt going to make him do anything he didnt want to do or felt comfortable with. Perhaps her, Su Hyun and her mother and younger brother could escape somewhere by boat? She could work as a sailor on the boat, so that Su Hyun, her mother and brother could all board and live freely on the boat, until they got well enough away from this place.

Good idea! Kali thought happily. That plan definitely should work. She thought again.

Tae-Woo wandered through the village, proud of himself. He was finally able to expose the gumiho. Now, all they had to do was catch him and kill him. Then Tae-Woo could steal the gumihos bead and move on to his next target. Everything was falling into place, except though the girl. Tae-Woo witnessed the gumiho and that girl cuddling and kissing in the cave. He would have never thought that such a beast and creature could fall in love at all, let alone with a human girl. He knew this girl was going to get in his way and spoil his plans. Tae-Woo needed to get rid of her and quickly, if his plan was to fall through, but how? Tae-Woo knew nothing of this girl. He was sure that she was nobody important, probably doesnt have much of a past, or does she? Tae-Woo pondered on that thought for a bit. Could a girl like her be keeping a secret that she told no one, not even the gumiho? It was possible. Tae-Woo decided to investigate Kali by asking about her to everybody in the village. Sure, something will come up.

Kali was able to exchange free rides for Su Hyun, her mother and brother for her services aboard the ship. She was going to be the cook and cleaner. Only thing a young girl with no prior experiences aboard a ship could do. Kali didnt care as long as everyone could escape this village safely. However, if none of them were aboard the ship when they set sail and leave then that was going to be her problem. They were not going to wait for her and whoever she was trying to board onto the ship. They set sail at dawn the next day, no excuses. Kali understood those terms and was sure everyone could be ready and there before then.

Now, Kali only had to tell the news to her mother and brother and then Su Hyun. She was glad that she was able to come up with this plan and execute it. Her mother would probably be able to get medicine for her illness wherever they were going and Su Hyun could live peacefully with her without anyone knowing his identity. This could work. Things were finally looking up for Kali.