The Story of the Legend Chapter 35

Su Hyun made Tae-Woo meet him at a place that resembled the place they last fought at. A cliff overlooking the ocean, the sun setting behind the horizon, making the sky turn dark. All that could be heard now was the sound of the waves crashing into the surface and the whistling of the wind that blew past the two of them.

Su Hyun and Tae-Woo stood in front of one another, giving one another a penetrating deadly gaze. This was finally the time that one of them will get rid of the other for good. At long last. The two of them awaited this day.

Tae-Woo held the handle of the sword that was sheathed to his back as he watched Su Hyun's every move.

Su Hyun didn't hesitate to turn into his Gumiho form and growled maliciously at Tae-Woo.

No words were exchanged. They weren't needed. The two attacked one another at the same speed, catching Su Hyun off guard. One of Su Hyun's claws was held back by Tae-Woo's sword, while the other was holding back Tae-Woo's other sword.

Tae-Woo smirked as he noticed Su Hyun's confused expression on his face.

"You're wondering how a mere human such as myself can match the speed of a Gumiho?"

Su Hyun didn't answer, but he was correct. How was he so quick?

"That's not the only surprise I have for you". Tae-Woo said, sheathing one sword as he grabbed Su Hyun, picking him up with one arm and slamming his body down on the ground.

"I also have your strength", he whispered in his ear, before jumping back and away from him.

Su Hyun coughed up blood as he got up and glared at Tae-Woo.

"How?" He simply asked him.

"When I kidnapped Amari. I didn't get the bead like I wanted but I was able to extract some of her blood".

Su Hyun was still confused.

"You don't even understand you own powers. It's sad really. It's wasted on you". Tae-Woo shook his head.

Su Hyun spat some blood on the ground and gave him that "I don't give a fuck" expression on his face.

"When you give your bead to another and that bead gives some of your powers to that person if they deemed them worthy, that person becomes a supernatural being". Tae-Woo explained.

"What?"

"Your girlfriend Amari is a supernatural creature and she doesn't even know it. By drinking her blood, I too gain the same powers she has".

Su Hyun growled in frustration.

"You believed that since there were no supernatural beings that existed here now and days other than you that I am now merely a mere mortal?" Tae-Woo chuckled. "You were right, I was, until I came up with a hypothesis and experimented on myself. Now this can be an even fight".

The two went for each other again, claws meeting sword. Sword meeting claws. Su Hyun's fangs bit and dung into Tae-Woo's neck. One of Tae-Woo's swords was thrusted in Su Hyun's shoulder.

Punching, kicking, biting, slashing. The two ended up being a bloody, bruised mess when they stopped and looked at one another, panting and aching all over. There were so much hate and loathing in both of their eyes. They truly wanted each other to die.

"Is your stamina running out?" Tae-Woo asked, grinning smugly.

Su Hyun only glared at him, though he was right. He couldn't go on for much longer.

"Ji-Su told me about your lack of stamina from you guy's casual, sexual relationship".

"That bitch", he growled.