The Story of the Legend Chapter 31

Amari and Su Hyun glanced at one another. None of them knew or even expected to be exposed to In Hye. Amari always wanted tell her best friend about Su Hyun and his double life, about her and how she got involved, but it was never her place to tell. It wasn't her secret. It was Su Hyun's. If he wanted her know about him being a Gumiho then he would have told her about it, though only when he was ready to tell her. It took him a long time to tell Amari about it. Now he is forced to tell In Hye about it.

Su Hyun let out a huge sigh as he gained back his composure. Chol stared at the woman protecting Amari from Su Hyun confused, since he had never seen her before. He thought she was really beautiful, but Chol slapped himself and out of those thoughts. No more loving older women for him.

"In Hye", Amari said, trying to calm down her friend as she managed to get out of her grasp.

"What's going on here?" In Hye asked.

"We all can explain it to you if you manage to keep yourself calm". Amari told her friend. She didn't want her friend to blow everything out of proportion.

In Hye tried to calm herself down, but she was getting impatient. She needed answers and quickly.

"I'm a Gumiho". Su Hyun told her. "You know those stories that were told to you back when you were a child? Those were about me". Su Hyun told her.

In Hye grabbed her chest as Amari grabbed her shoulder. In Hye collapsed on the floor.

"A Gumiho? I thought that was just a story". She said, trying to make sense of what she just heard.

"Well, I wanted it to be that way. Nobody needed to know of my existence unless I wanted them to". Su Hyun told her.

In Hye looked up at her friend. "How long have you known about this?" She asked Amari.

"Since before our first date". Amari answered her.

"That long?" In Hye looked st her shocked. "You didn't bother to tell me?"

"It wasn't my secret to tell. I even waited for him to reveal himself to me when I found out before. He has to be ready to tell his secret. Nobody else". Amari told her.

"However, it was time for you to find out. I apologize for keeping this a secret from you for too long, especially everything that Amari and you have been through". Su Hyun told her.

"What were you guys doing?" In Hye asked as she looked around.

"Training", Chol answered her this time. "I have received found out my 'uncle's' secret and now he wants to make sure I'm trained enough to protect myself from harm".

"What about me? Will I have to train?" In Hye asked.

"No, I have trained Amari well. She can always protect you". Su Hyun said. "That's unless you want to?"

In Hye immediately shook her head. "No thanks. I'm good". She said, making everybody chuckle.

"Just keep this a secret. That's all you have to do. Nobody else needs to know of my existence".

In Hye nodded her and zipped up her lips with her fingers. "Your secret is safe with me".

In Hye ended up watching Amari, Su Hyun, and Chol train. She became amazed at her best friend. To think before Amari was a jobless, loveless woman with beauty, brains, and brawn. Now, here she is, dating her boss who happens to be a man eating supernatural creature! She was amazed at Amari was willing to put up with. She was so against dating, especially her boss and now she's willing to accept that and the fact that he's a Gumiho. Love definitely changes a person.

Later, they all sat in the 'dining' room and ate the meal Su Hyun has prepared. She was formally introduced to Luo and Chol. Everybody were able to eat and drink normally and have a pleasant conversation. Everybody even got drunk, except for Su Hyun of course. He couldn't get drunk, even if he wanted to.

Su Hyun was able to put Luo, In Hye, and Chol in separate extra guest rooms when they passed out on his table. He put Amari in his bed and tucked her in, making sure she was warm and cozy. However, when he was about to leave, Amari's arm instantly outstretched and grabbed his hand.

"Don't leave me", she drunkenly said to him.

Su Hyun stared down at her and smiled at his girlfriend. Even when she was drunk, Amari was still adorable.

"Okay", he simply said as he at on his floor and patted Amari on her head, making her comfortable.

"I'm glad I'm Hye finally knows about you. I was starting to feel guilty that she was being left out", She mumbled.

"Same here", Su Hyun agreed.

"I can finally talk to her about everything like best girlfriends should".

"I'm glad that you finally can". Su Hyun whispered to her.

"I", Amari paused.

"What?" Su Hyun asked, wanting her to continue what she was going to say.

"I hope we get this Tae-Wan situation settled. I don't want In Hye getting involved in this matter". Amari whispered.

"Same here and I will do everything in my power to get rid of Tae-Wan". Su Hyun promised her.

"Please, my love, don't be reckless. I want to be by your side and help you". Amari whispered again.

"I know and I won't. Besides if I am reckless, I won't be able to marry you". Su Hyun told her, making Amari chuckle.

"That's why I was blessed with your bead. Not only to guard and protect it, but to also help you in battle if another was needed".

"Sleep and stop worrying about Tae-Wan and me. This all will be over soon". Su Hyun promised her.

After that, Amari went straight to sleep, snoring.

Su Hyun only smiled at her sleeping form. "I promise I will kill Tae-Wan once and for all and marry you". He whispered to her, before kissing her lips softly.

He just have to figure out how. How do you kill an immortal being with no heart; a heart that was ripped from his chest and eaten? With that, Su Hyun fell asleep right on the floor, never letting Amari's hand go.