The Story of the Legend Chapter 30

"Anyways, I'll take you home, Amari. I'm sure In Hye has a lot of questions to ask you". Su Hyun said as he noticed it was getting late.

Amari sighed. "You're right. I guess I can't avoid it forever". She said, frowning. She loved In Hye to death, but sometimes she could be over bearing. Sometimes that can be a good thing and other times, well, not so much.

She gathered up her belongings and followed Su Hyun to his car.

While Su Hyun drove her home, Amari e noted the view of the night sky. Nothing but twinkling stars and dark skies. It was beautiful.

"Chol took that news very well". Amari said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah", Su Hyun agreed. "I didn't know what to expect".

"He's growing up to fast". Amari said, feigning sadness, making Su Hyun chuckle.

"Yeah, but I'm glad he is. I'm glad his opinion of me didn't change. Yong and Chol are definitely my family. Have been for awhile now. I don't know what I could without them".

"You'll never have to think about that because it won't happen. Yong and Chol love you to death and would do anything for you. I'm sure of it. Family is a beautiful thing".

Su Hyun just realized something. "What about your family. I have never met them". He asked curiously.

"My parents live in America now. I have one older brother and a younger sister. Poor me, I'm the middle child". Amari chuckled.

"Why did you decide to stay here?" Su Hyun asked.

"My life wouldn't be any better in America, so why leave? If anything, I would be treated worse. I have seen the news and read articles in social media. People who look like me are not treated fairly. We are targeted, racially profiled, executed by police officers for no reason. We can't swim, barbecue, sale water, shop or just live our lives without happily ya big the police be involved. We are berated and attacked, screamed at, harassed. A fucking tyrannical orange orangutan was elected president. The list could go on. My life would not be any better there. I am certain of that. I could always visit my family there anytime. I just can't live there. I refuse".

Su Hyun stayed silent. He loved how socially conscious Amari could be, even about situations happening in other countries. She was so intelligent in so many ways. He learned a lot from her and he was the century old Gumiho.

"Well, I'm glad you decided to stay. I love having you around". He said, making her smile.

They arrived to her apartment and Su Hyun got out with her and walked her to her door.

"Good luck with In Hye. She means well though". Su Hyun told her.

"Thanks and I will. I love her for it". She agreed.

They shared a sweet and passionate kiss, before Su Hyun watched Amari walk through the door and shut it behind her. He smiled to himself and got back in his car and drove home.

Amari was absolutely right about what In Hye was going to do when she got back home. She bombarded her with so many personal questions, Amari felt overwhelm, but she was able to calmly explain everything that happened and their new found relationship. In Hye screamed and squealed when she heard the news and embraced Amari tightly squeezing her, excitedly.

"It's about damn time. I was rooting for the two of you for so damn long. I'm glad it finally happened".

Amari smiled at her friend. "Same here".

"So did you guys, you know". In Hye winked and nudged her shoulder, making Amari get embarrassed and push her away.

"Why do I keep getting asked that?! No!"

Dancing with a  구미호 Gumiho जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें