The Story of the Legend Chapter 13

Amari rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling. Her dark brown eyes followed the fan's propellers as it swung round in circular motions. She exhaled a tired breath as she decided to sit up. She couldn't fall asleep. Not after what she witnessed. Amari knew she wasn't supposed to see Su Hyun transform. He was only trying to scare Sung Ki away from her, which of course worked because she got a text message from his sister saying that they are taking him away for a while because he was speaking nonsense.

"Got to change my number." She thought.

Amari knew she wasn't supposed to see that, but she did, and she has no idea how to handle it. Does she confront him about it? Demand him to tell her what she saw? Does she wait, until he's ready to say something to her? After all, it is his secret and just because she saw doesn't mean she has the right to force it out of him. What was it that she saw anyway? What did Su Hyun transform into in the first place? It looked like a rabid, glowing fox spirit. It seemed like the fox from stories her parents told her as a child. A Gumiho, but he couldn't be. They were just stories. It couldn't be real, could it?

Amari scratched her head in frustration. What was she supposed to do? She can't just pretend she didn't see anything, especially around Su Hyun. He's different now. He isn't the same in her eyes anymore. She doesn't know what she should do. However, oddly enough, she doesn't feel afraid of him. She just felt confused. Watching her boss transform into some creature would scare anyone, but not Amari. This made her more intrigued than anything else. Was he a Gumiho? If he was, for how long was he a Gumiho? Why was he here? What was his purpose? She had so many questions to bombard him with.

Amari groaned as she got out of bed. There was no way she was going to get any sleep now. She might as well go for a walk, perhaps she would be tired then and maybe it would help with the aching. She grabbed her jacket and headed out. She stuffed her hands in her pockets and slowly walked alongside the sidewalk, deep in thought.

What would she do if he were a Gumiho? I mean, yeah, he a century + year old creature, but he's still Su Hyun, her stubborn and arrogant boss. She shouldn't treat him any differently just because she just happened to come across him transforming. He transformed because of her. He wanted to scare off Sung Ki. She can't be mad at him for that. She's extremely grateful. He got rid of him for her. Something he didn't have to do at all.

Amari then went deeper into her thoughts. If he is a Gumiho and has been here for centuries, does that mean he has no family? He must have been lonely. He has Bong and Luo, and they are close to a family as it gets, but does he still feel lonely inside? He lived so long and had no family of his own. He watched everyone he had loved past away. He may not show it, but he must feel lonely and empty inside.

Amari stopped in her tracks and pumped both of her fists. "Alright, there's no need for me to confront him about what I saw. I wasn't meant to see that, and he is not ready to tell me his secret. I will have to wait until he is. Besides, he means me no harm. He has helped and protected me. There's no need for me to fear him in any way. I will keep my knowing his secret, my secret. Amari finally decided. She smiled and nodded her head, before heading back to Su Hyun's place and finally able to go to sleep.

Tae-Woo stared at his phone as he watched the video Ji-Su texted to him, over and over. He must have replayed it several times, grinning widely to himself.

"It's her. Amari is the one. She has what I'm looking for. There's no doubt about that. I knew it wasn't a coincidence that she resembled so much like her great + grandmother Kali. Too bad she will have to die because of it. Such a cute face too". He said, feigning sadness.

The next day, Amari woke up to the smell of something delicious. She slowly opened her eyes, staring at the ceiling. Her mouth emitted a tired yawn before she sat up and scratched her head and rubbed her eyes. She slowly got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom to relieve herself, before making her way downstairs into the kitchen. She was met with Su Hyun, Chol Bong, and Luo Yong, who all greeted her before Bong and Luo looked over at Su Hyun.