The Story of the Legend Chapter 10

Amari slowly opened her eyes, looking around, squinting because the sunlight was illuminating her whole room. She sat up, yawning and noticed she was in her bedroom.

"How did I get here?" She thought, before clutching her head in pain. A migraine just overcame her brain.

"I drank too much last night." She groaned, before noticing the jacket she wore.

"How did this get on me?" She asked, looking up and noticing In Hye standing in her doorway, eyeing her with her arms folded against her chest.

"What I do now?" Amari asked, recognizing that expression she was giving her. "What happened? How did I get here?"

"I would like to know who that handsome bachelor was carrying you in his arms and putting you to sleep last night?" In Hye asked as she walked over to her friend and smacked her on the shoulder.

Amari winced as she held her arm and looked up at her friend. "The hell was that for?"

"I get one text from you all damn day and then later at night I see you being carried home by some good-looking stranger. Who was he?" She asked.

Amari looked down at the jacket and immediately recognized it. "Must have been my boss." She said, rubbing her arm.

"Is there a reason why he was carrying you home passed out?" She asked.

"Nothing weird happened, okay? I must have gotten intoxicated and passed out. He found my address and decided to bring me home. Nothing else. Get your head out of the gutter". Amari told her getting up and searching for some medicine.

"What boss does that for their employee?"

"A gentlemanly one." Replied Amari, finding the bottle and dumping a couple of pills in her palm and throwing it into her mouth.

In Hye frowned at her friend. "You can't be that naive right?"

Amari ignored what she called her and made her a glass of water. "What are you getting at?" She asked, wanting her to get straight to the point.

"He's interested in you." She told her.

Amari nearly choked as she tried to swallow the pills. "What are you even talking about? He knows nothing about me. We met yesterday".

"So, he can't find you attractive?"

"Yes, but he's my boss. I am positive there's a rule about that somewhere. Besides, if he was, he sure has a funny way of showing it, and I'm not interested".

"Why the hell not? Have you ever tried dating after Sung Ki?" In Hye asked her friend.

Amari slammed the glass on the counter. "Why would you bring that up?" She asked, forcing herself to not reminisce about what happened.

"It's been five years, since then. What he did to you was horrible, but you can't just forbid yourself from dating anyone else ever again. It's unhealthy".

"Look, In Hye, I love you. I truly do, but what I decide for my romantic life is my decision alone. Respect that, aight? I get enough pressuring from my mother; I don't need it from you too". She told her.

In Hye felt terrible, but Amari needed to hear it. She has closed her heart since that incident. She was worried about her friend. She wanted her to be happy. That's all that matters.

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "I overstepped my boundaries."

"It's alright." Amari quickly forgave her, remembering everything that happened last night, even what Su Hyun told her when she slept. "I'm the one? The one what?" She thought shrugging her shoulders and getting ready for work, making sure she grabbed Su Hyun's jacket before she left.