t

Though I regret leaving, my shoulders relax as I depart the world of unprecedented virtues.

I hold my journal close to me, knowing that it is the only thing holding me onto reality. It is the only thing that has managed to keep me alive in this writhing world of horrors.

I bit my cheek, realizing that these intrusive thoughts were already coming back.

Pages upon pages of this notebook are filled with my thoughts and my inquiries, providing me with the expanse to truly be myself in a world too cruelly judged. It provides me with the escape and release I need to thrive in a world that does whatever it can to crush your spirit.

My thoughts were finally subsiding once more, my muscles relieved to be at the top of the steep path. I took my time catching my breath, my eyes met with the abandoned clearing once more. I clenched my fists, determined to make it across without an issue.

My stride was confident and stable, pushing myself at a quickened pace so I could head back home. I was finding a new exhaustion creeping in, my eyes fighting to stay open as I exited the deserted expanse of territory.

I was nearly home free, the path in front of me clear and open. I had no need to feel claustrophobic, my grip tightening on the notebook as I continued to stride forward. I had a deep sigh of relief, a meager smile tugging at my lips.

Maybe everything would be alright.