u

Understanding these intrusive thoughts was the sole reason why I had ventured to the creek that evening.

I was surrounded by the dense expanse of trees, feeling secured in a land so horribly distraught.

I could easily imagine the world as it choked and recoiled, natural disasters taking its grasp of the innocent ambiance.

It is possible that there is a world outside our own, looking down on us as we fight to survive and scope the ends of our individual journeys. We set on this twisting path of life, praying that these greater beings guide us to our destined end.

But who can be sure that we will be saved?

The exhaustion had won me over, my eyes closing out of my control. I sighed softly, a dream creeping up behind me as its cool, tendril-like fingers rested on top of my face.

My dream-self stumbled backwards, the intrusive thoughts suffocating me as I sprinted towards the creek once more.

I find that I am unable to stop myself, my muscles aching and crying as I tread down the seemingly-endless path. I can hear the branches rustling as I pass them, threatening to be whipped by the harsh reality I have been faced with.

I was running towards my safe-place, craving for the comfort and refuge that I needed from this endless nightmare.