XI

hoseok kissed his little on the forehead, trying desperately not to look at his pout as he left for work. between his office job and dancing on the side, the caretaker had been extremely busy the past two weeks and he could tell it was taking a toll on him and yoongi. 

the older man's bigger side was becoming more grumpy and he would stomp around the house in hoseok's hoodie pouting. and his little side was more clingy, yoongi almost crying the day before when hobi left to teach an hour long dance class. but he was determined to fix it. he had asked his boss in advance if he could cut his shift in half to go home. he wanted to prepare a dinner to surprise his little love. 

he had texted namjoon who was willing to come and pick up yoongi that day to have a "play date" while he set everything up. when he got to his office, he settled down into his seat, sighing, he had so much work to do. but he'd do anything for his baby bear. 

 ☾

"where we goin' joonie?" yoongi hummed, looking up at the taller man who smiled down at him, dimples showing. while his friend was younger than him he was a bit taller, so the little had to crane his neck upwards at times to see him properly. it didn't intimidate his smaller side, if anything it made him feel more protected. in his little mind he viewed namjoon like a big tower, covering him and keeping him safe when his daddy couldn't. seokjin was practically the same height and when yoongi was smushed between them he felt so tiny. though nothing could ever make him feel more small then when hoseok would coddle him. 

"i thought we could go to the aquarium." namjoon suggested, as he opened the door for yoongi who gave him a wide smile in thanks. 

"the aquawiam?" yoongi repeated, eyes lighting up in excitement. 

"mhm." he nodded, as he pulled out of hoseok's driveway. "i heard that they have penguins and hoseok told me that they're your second favorite animal. do you wanna go?"

"i 'eally wanna go!" the little tried to bounce in his seat, where he had been buckled in tightly by joonie, "pengu are my favorite after kitties." 

"pengu?" namjoon stifled a laugh, looking over at yoongi who's cheeks were puffed up, eyes still practically sparkling in excitement. 

"yup, they waddle like me." he giggled. 

"you're so precious yoonie." 

"that's so precious!" namjoon found himself repeating 35 minutes later as yoongi waved happily at the penguins, demonstrating to them his own little waddle. 

"hi pengu!" the small boy laughed, pointing at one who clumsily fell over. "that one's you, joonie." 

"hey!" the younger male gasped, mock-offended as he pinched the other's chubby cheek. 

"that one's you." he said a minute later, pointing at a fluffy baby penguin who was curled up in a ball. 

the raven haired baby couldn't help but smile, pulling joon along to see the transparent moon jellies. 

there was even an exhibit at the aquarium where they got to hold and touch certain animals. yoongi giggled hysterically as he got to pet a baby sting ray and a baby turtle that clung to his finger. he also listened happily to all of the little facts that namjoon told him about the sharks, trying to remember all of them to tell his daddy. 

when they had seen every exhibit that the aquarium had offered, the little was looking a little tuckered out, clinging onto the sleeve of joon's longsleeve. his lashes were fluttering, pink lips set in a pout. "do you wanna go back and take a nap?" the younger asked, steering him gently to the exit.