XIII

thank you so much for 42k!!! i was really not expecting much on my other stories after adore was completed but everyone is so supportive and sweet! it means so much to me. kisses xo!!

yoongi plopped down onto the hardwood floor, watching as hoseok taught jungkook a new move. he tapped his fingers to the beat of the song that had been playing on repeat for 2 hours straight. he slumped against the wall, pouting a tiny bit, the raven haired man couldn't deny that he was feeling frustrated.

hobi dragged yoongi to the studio that morning with the promise that he would only be there for an hour. he had explained that jungkook had a solo coming up and needed a little extra help to make the dance flow better. but the younger man insisted that after he would take yoongi out for a lunch date, just the two of them.

but one hour had already turned into two and a half, and yoongi had gone from antsy to upset very quickly. and it definitely didn't help that in those two and a half hours, hoseok had barely glanced in his direction. yoongi knew the dancer was focused, and he knew how passionate he could be in the moment. but even when the music stopped and small breaks were taken, hoseok stayed concentrated on jungkook. it was like he wasn't even in the room.

now while yoongi knew hoseok wouldn't ever purposely ignore him, the longer it went on, the more it stung. and with every minute that passed, he could feel his little self crying out for his daddy, upset that he wasn't being given attention. he stamped down the urge to throw a complete tantrum.

his stomach rumbled and he wrapped his arms around his tummy, frowning even deeper. his breakfast was only an orange that morning thinking that he would get to eat not too long after they had left the house. his empty stomach was practically screaming for his attention.

fuck it, he thought, pushing himself off of the floor and out of the practice space. it wasn't like hoseok was gonna notice anyway, he grumbled bitterly as he peeked into different rooms looking for food. he stumbled across the break room and sighed in relief, swinging open the fridge door.

yoongi let out a tiny squeal when he saw a slice of chocolate cake on the second shelf, and snatched it without a second thought. he knew his little side was being defiant and purposely chose the most unhealthy option just to piss hobi off but he was past caring. he grabbed a plastic fork and took a seat, digging in with fervor.

at least the dessert was good, he hummed as he ate every bite, absentmindedly kicking his feet to the music he could hear blasting from nearby rooms. a throat cleared from behind him and he jumped, spinning around.

"heyyy, that's my cake." the pink haired teen in front of him frowned, sounding horribly dejected. he had a dance bag hanging off of his shoulder, and even the way he crossed the room looked graceful.

"sorry." he mumbled around a mouthful, cheeks puffed out like a guilty chipmunk. he stared down at the now empty plate, his stomach churning. the last bite didn't taste as good as the previous ones and he was starting to feel a little ridiculous.

"it's okay!" the boy waved it off with a bright smile, pulling two banana milk carton's out of the fridge, sliding one across the table to the other boy.

yoongi sipped at the milk sulkily, eyes trained onto the table.

"what's your name? i've been calling you cake-stealer in my head for the past 2 minutes." he reached his hand out for him to shake. "i'm jimin."

"yoongi." he said softly, drinking up the milk until there was nothing left.

"do you dance here?" jimin asked curiously, he had never seen the black haired boy around before.