XIX - outtake

i know it's january but i had a halloween concept i was itching to write! and it's been sitting in my drafts so here you go! as a thank you for 85k!! happy new year. 

"please tell me you're not gonna be a sexy cop again, namjoon." yoongi groaned, as he picked a pair of fuzzy handcuffs up from the taller man's cart. 

"why not? it's such a classic." he mocked pouted, scrunching up his face as they walked past a very realistic decapitated head. shopping with the younger man was always fun because he didn't mind how indecisive yoongi was, and his antics always made him giggle. just a few moments prior the brunette had tripped over his own two feet, knocked a plastic coconut bra off of a shelf then preceded to pick it up and wear it. 

"because it's the first party you and seokjin hyung are hosting since you moved in together and you can't look like any basic bitch who got their costume from the very back of a walmart after they ran out of all the good ones."

"very specific, but okay." 

"and plus jin is probably gonna go all out for his costume and when you guys take pictures together, you're gonna look lame." the raven haired boy continued, emptying out the other's cart for him. 

"then what are you gonna go as?" namjoon huffed, a cross between offended and thankful. 

"a sexy cat." the shorter man said simply, winking when he stood there dumbfounded, "because i'm lazy, i can pull it off and hoseok will probably die if i do." 

"you're sneaky but i like it." he laughed, grabbing a few decorations to make things as little yoongi had said earlier that morning 'super duper spooky'. " and you're trying to give your boyfriend a heart attack." 

"just a small one." yoongi shrugged, holding up a pair of clip in black ears that would blend in well with his hair. "do you know where i can buy fishnets?" 

"..." 

by the time the exited the mall, they both had their costumes, decorations, and full bellies because of the massive food court. namjoon's car was easy to find in the parking lot because it was bright sunflower yellow and had a bright gay flag swinging from the right side. 

"who all did you invite to the party?" yoongi asked as he buckled up, humming along to a song that played softly on the radio. 

"you, obviously, hoseok, jungkook and his musketeers, a few friends from college, jin's coworkers, and like 5 other people that i kind of know." 

"sounds fun." he snorted, "well don't give any alcohol to the 'musketeers', they're practically babies and hobi will kill you in a very creative way for tainting the top two kids in his dance class." 

"i'll keep that in mind." 

"hi baby." the dance instructor chuckled as he looked over at the two wide cat-like eyes the peeked out from behind their thick cozy blanket. when the boy snuggled in deeper, making a small cooing noise he couldn't help but smile, pulling him to his chest. "someone's feeling little this morning, huh?" 

"mhm," yoongi hummed, snuggling into his bare shoulder with a soft sigh, "still s'eepy." he yawned, stretching his whole body out as he did so. 

"what'd you dream about?" he asked curiously, fiddling with the ring on his partner's finger.

"mr. woobie an' yoonie went to the beach." yoongi yawned, smiling brightly after. "an' made a sandcastle as big as a real castle." 

"that sounds like the best dream ever. do you remember what today is?" the younger man ran warm hands up and down his sides, peppering small kisses along his temple.