Chapter 25: dare-devil

Othman's POV (finally)

Wht da hell.

I woke up to the smell of vanilla and some what rosses like the one from my mother's garden. The room was dead silent apart from my heavy breathing and the 'beep beep' sound you often hear in hospitals that indicates you're alive. I slowly opened my eyes, to blurred images before me. I glanced around and took in the deserted white colour schemed hospital bedroom.

How long have I been here? I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hits me with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts.

I heard Omar utter my name. And something hit us hard fliping us The pain jolted throughout my body. It didn't hurt as much as the real one i had felt. But all that remained was darkness

I'am still alive.?

How did i get here? Out of impulse, my hand travels to my arm, pressing the throbbing area on my right temple. I felt a scar and flinched at the pain. I tried to get up. Using all the energy i had left to pick up my legs My body engulfed in pain as if objecting my decision to stand up. "Subhannallah, what are you doing." I heard Omar's voice speck to me. I lay there pathetically, waiting for the pain to wash away before trying it again.

Staring at him in disbelief he was alright only had a Hanging arm cast. Which had some what a cross belt helping him from his neck. I looked at mine and it was just a Coaptation splint cast. "Please speck, let me know you're not deaf and dumb." I furrow my eyebrows "What happend to us." I cleared my troat noticing my throat was dry. Who took me here, how long I've been here. This were the questions ringing back and forth in my mind.

"We got hit by a truck. The type that carries loads from city to city." He spoke sitting on a chair besides me." What happened to your hand." I wasn't too sure if it was broken or fractured.

"I broke some bones,but not compared to yours, How are you feeling? With a broken hand and a fractured leg . Oh and dont forget about the collar bone" that explains why i can't move my leg i looked down at it but the comforter had done its job ny covering it. I never thought even for a second i would find my self on a hospital bed or having my bones fractured and broken. I have nothing to say other than Alhamdulilah. But Right now i didn't care how i have been doing. All i want find out is how marynn is doing

Even thinking that she might have heard about the accident caused me pain,because i know she thinks it is all her fault. But its.  not this is all Qadr. Only God knows how long i have been here. So might have heart and came over to see meWhere is Marynn?

"I can't move my right leg and there is so much pain on my chest." I explained to him tapping chest and he shook his head "Well you broke three bones and fractured one. Oh wait you broke four bones. Darn that even sounds painful already." I wanted to laugh but speaking alone causes me so much pain. Is he joking with me? Four bones

"Broken bones?" I furrow my eyebrows "Im dead serious, every one thought you were dead you almost died if not for the nurses that rushed in i believe you would have. Mr McKinney also had a heart attack he is in the other room, But he is feeling much better aswell" Does Marynn think im dead too?

"Where is Marynn?." I tried to bring my self into a sitting position but it was alot harder than i thought it would be. "Hold on." Omar mumbled before adjusting the bed and i was now in somewhat a sitting position. I can't believe this. Me Othman McKinney Being helpless i can't do anything for my self. My hand aches even when i don't move it, i can also feel my leg throbbing in pain i feel pain every where. "Where is Marynn?" I asked him again.

"Im here." I heard her soft angelic voice echo round the room, the second i heard her voice that one second i didn't feel any pain whatsoever only contentment, but it all faded when i sited her pale skin even from afar she was pale, she got closer and i finally see her full face. She has obviously been crying. And that smile on her face emitting sympathy and sorrow did not hide. Reading peoples faces has always been one of my specialities.