Chapter 1: Get To Know You Girl

In the summer of 2013, both Carson and Brighton were busy with their own crafts. Carson is recording his first original song being produced by Andrew Lane, while Brighton is filming the Walking Dead season 4; and both are successful in working in their own fields. Luedizers were rejoiced listening to and watching Carson's "Get To Know You Girl." He was set to return to the studio to record some more original songs later that year. Brighton killed her role as Lizzie Samuels and she is excited for it to be shown on AMC.

-

A few weeks passed and summer was gone, Carson went back to school in LA. Brighton was still filming the Walking Dead so she went to school at a further date.

-

It was November 2013 when Carson and his best friend Greg Marks were walking in the school hallway. They saw a girl with semi blond hair walk past them as Carson stared and Greg noticed.

For the next period, it will be the history class. Carson and Greg, along with other friends were early in the class and they were seated at the back. Then entered the girl they saw in the hallway and she sat on the front row near the door. Carson wants to get to know the girl but he was kinda shy. Finally, after a minute of pondering, he decided to approach the girl so he finally stood up. But as he did, the teacher came in and started the class.

After an hour, the class was dismissed and the students were leaving the room. Carson is still fixing his stuff as Greg waits for him. He glanced on where the girl was supposed to be seated and she has already left the room. "Dang, that was close, maybe I'll try next time," Carson thought to himself.

Later that day after school, he went to Big Boy's diner with Greg. They both ordered Hot Fudge Ice Cream Cake. While waiting for their orders, Carson mentioned the girl to Greg. "Did you notice the girl who sat on the front row near the door?" Carson asked Greg. "Yeah, the semi blond girl we also saw in the hallway?" replied Greg. "Uh, yeah," replied Carson, "I was gonna ask her name but I didn't get an opportunity to. The teacher already came, and even after the class she left already."

"I noticed that," replied Greg smiling. "Wait, you did?" asked Carson, "Did the others notice it too?" "Nah, they didn't. Don't worry bro, I kept them busy talking," assured Greg. "Ohh, thanks dude," exhaled Carson in comfort.

"Anyway, are you planning to ask her out?" asked Greg. "No, I just wanna be friends with her, that's all, I just wanna get to know her," replied Carson. "Oh okay," said Greg. "Besides, I'm not ready for a relationship yet," added Carson, "I'm a focus on my music for now." "I see," replied Greg, "You would both look cute together though." "Dude, stop it," said Carson as they laughed together. Their orders were served shortly after.

-

A few days pass, Carson and Greg bumped into the girl in the school hallway. "Hi, I'm Carson," he greeted her extending his right hand. "I'm Brighton, nice to meet you, Carson," she replied and shook Carson's hand. "This is my best friend, Greg," added Carson as Brighton shook Greg's hand. "Nice to meet you, Greg," she said. "Nice to meet you too," replied Greg.

"I was wanting to speak to you days ago when you just came but I didn't have an opportunity," said Carson. "Well, here we are," smiled Brighton. "Yeah, hehe," giggled Carson. "Actually, I know you guys a little bit. I have seen a few of your covers on YouTube and also your new original. I like that song, it's cool," added Brighton.

"Woah, really?" replied Carson, "Thanks Brighton!" "You're welcome," said Brighton, and then she turns to Greg. "I've seen your short movies Greg, those are very touching and heartwarming," she said, "Are you making more soon?" "Oh thanks Brighton," replied Greg, "Well, I don't think I'll be making more movies anytime soon, but I'll definitely make some music." "Oh, that's great, I'll be on a lookout for that," said Brighton.

"How about you, are you an actress?" asked Carson. "Yeah, I've been acting since I was younger," replied Brighton, "I'm actually a supporting cast in the upcoming season of the Walking Dead. If you got time, maybe check me out?" "Oh, definitely!" said Carson. "Yeah, we'll check you out," added Greg. "That's awesome, thank you," said Brighton.

"Anyway, I'm on my way to the library, how about you guys?" she asked. "Oh same," replied Carson, "We're gonna search about the story of Beowulf." "Cool, that's the same story I was gonna search about," said Brighton. "Awesome, let's go," said Carson.

In the library, they got the book of Old English Literature. After finishing their English assignment, Carson asked: "What's your favorite story in literature, guys?" "Mine is King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, it's really inspiring," replied Brighton. "Mine would be the Lord of the Rings," said Greg. "Oh, mine is the Harry Potter series," said Carson, "Less love story, that's what I like unless if it's real life."

"Well, basically both King Arthur and Tolkien's works are about wars, brotherhood and honor," said Greg. "Then what do you call King Arthur and Queen Guinevere, Beren and Luthien, Aragorn and Arwen? Those are still love stories, right?" asked Carson. "Well, at least they're not as cheesy as Romeo and Juliet, Bonnie and Clyde or the Twilight saga," replied Greg. "Bonnie and Clyde is basically a true criminal couple's story made into a movie, not a literature," added Brighton. "Yeah, but the movie is still cheesy," said Greg as they laughed. "Shh, we're in the library,"' reminded Brighton. Carson and Greg smiled back in guilt.

-

Carson and Greg became great friends with Brighton since then. A few weeks pass and Brighton tells them that she needs to reshoot some episodes from the Walking Dead so she'll be parting with them for a while. Before she returns to Atlanta, Carson made a memorable moment. He rapped the middle 8 of "Get To Know You Girl" and sang the final chorus. Carson also tells Brighton that as if his first original song is really meant for her and that he did it. He got to know Brighton and even if they didn't really dated, what mattered is that they became good friends. Upon departing, Carson waved his hand as Brighton looked back with a smile.

-

After a few weeks, Carson went back to the studio with producer Andrew Lane. Andrew turned on the music and the beats. Carson is thinking about Brighton. All he can say about her is that she's so beautiful. "There's always "U" in beautiful," said Carson. "Come again?" asked Andrew. "There's always "U" in beautiful," repeated Carson. "That's dope son," replied Andrew, "I also got something to add..."

And as they kept on progressing, Carson added what he felt with Brighton: "Brighton is so beautiful. She has eyes like heaven. She became my best friend. She made me become like her Superman. She made me feel like flying high. I wanna repeat every moment with her forever. I feel like it's 3013. And I did it. She's so beautiful. There's always "U" in beautiful." Carson recorded another song after "Beautiful" also inspired by Brighton called "Movie Star."

-

In a couple of days, Nayip Ramos, the director of "Get To Know You Girl," returns to direct the music video for Carson's next original song "Beautiful." He then introduces an amazing dancer who will become the leading lady for the music video: "Carson, meet Jordyn Jones." "Hi, Jordyn, nice to meet you," greeted Carson as he stretches his hand. "Hi Carson, nice to meet you too," replied Jordyn as she shook Carson's hand.