Chapter 7: Miracles From Heaven

"Welcome to So So Def!" greeted Jermaine Dupri. "Wow, these are all the records sold in this label?" marvelled Carson. "Yup," replied JD as he points out to the platinum plaque of Usher, "6 times platinum, he's the only one who sold 6 million at that time." He now turns to Carson. "Are you ready?" asked JD. "Yeah, I'm ready to make some records!" answered Carson as he drove down the hallway of plaques off-boarding on a hoverboard.

Assisted by producer Mike Kalombo in the studio, Carson did his vocal warm ups. Jermaine Dupri talked to Carson while rolling the film for his TV show Music Moguls. He introduced all those mainstream studio stuff that made Carson very curious.

JD then interviewed Carson about his music genre, whether it's pop or hip hop. Carson replied that his genre is half pop and half hip hop. JD then asks Carson about the difference between pop and hip hop. Carson didn't know what to answer because knowledge of the genres should be secondary. His musical talents is the first priority. Then JD told Carson a list of very successful mainstream artists had recorded their platinum albums in the same recording room as they currently are in. "I'm ready," said Carson.

Carson recorded his first song in the studio and it is about a girl who he wants to talk to, and it goes:

"I just wanna say what's up, what's up

I just wanna say what's up, what's up..."

Though the song never got to be released, Carson had a pretty good time in his first week in So So Def. He would return to Atlanta every few weeks to be featured in the Music Moguls show and to be mentored by Jermaine Dupri.

In the next times Carson went to So So Def, Mike Kalombo went to the basketball court to have a shootout. Mike was impressed with Carson's outside shooting skills and some scenes were taken in Snapchat. The next time Carson visited the compound, Bow Wow came and gave him a pep talk with JD in the basketball court. Carson got the opportunity to have a 1v1 duel match with Bow Wow.

Even in those busy schedules, Carson and Brighton are still in touch as secret lovers. Carson would excitedly tell stories of his So So Def adventures to Brighton while she in turn tells hers to him. Brighton tells Carson that whether he becomes a mainstream artist soon or not, she'll be always supporting him.

-

After sometime, there were no news from Carson about him visiting So So Def again. One day, Carson tweeted about a quote that sometimes things won't always work but it's about staying positive for future opportunities in life. It was a nod that he was no longer being mentored by Jermaine Dupri and that his opportunity of becoming a mainstream artist is now gone.

In the verge of Carson being dropped by So So Def, Jacob Sartorius began his 2016 Magcon tour and is the manager's pet. He's been called the young prince and gained fame overnight. Carson was happy for him but the fact that he's been making music for almost 8 years now and Jacob became so big in just months. It came into question when some musers became so famous overnight without even having hard work and all they needed is to look good. It was a very frustrating time for Carson and Luedizers when in this moments, untalented good looks gain more followers than hard work and real talent.

Carson went to Kids Choice Awards with Jacob Sartorius and Baby Ariel. In one of those meet and greets, most people were all crazy into Jacob when most of them totally ignored Carson. Fame is just secondary for Carson to prioritize but the fact that Jacob getting this kind of fame is somewhat unfair. Carson kept his cool and just went along with Jacob giving the fans some sentiments.

-

After a few days, Carson tried Jacob's strategy of posting photos with captions of fake sentiments. Some loyal Luedizers were disappointed and told Carson to please remain Carson and stop being like Jacob. Carson was even talking to Brighton about it and Brighton just reminded Carson that he is blessed, very talented and a far better person than what Jacob is or will ever be.