That Dumb Mistletoe

Geno groaned and arched his back, looking around his void home.

After everyone had left the Christmas party, he had to clean up the mess the others had left.

It wasn't a perfect party, but at least nobody died. Even though you can't really die in the void.

Just as he was about to keep away the punch bowl, a familiar voice crept behind him. "Geno~"

He prayed that it wasn't Death.

He turned around.

It was Death.

"God dammit Reaper, leave me alone!" Geno yelled, placing the punch bowl away.

Death leaned in closer and pointed up, Geno's eye trailed upwards to find a mistletoe attached to the tip of Death's scythe. Death held his scythe behind his back and tilted it towards Geno. "Just one kiss."

"Go away!" Geno shouted, stepping back a little. He felt the heat rise into his face and Death smirked, moving closer.

"You can't die in the void, so what's there to be afraid of?" Death hummed.

"I- If I kissed you, would you finally leave?" Geno blushed deeply, staring at the ground. He felt like he was going to regret this. He was also deeply aware that there was a wall behind him, somehow. Curse this void!

Death gently pushed Geno against the wall and placed his forehead on Geno's. "Maybe." He whispered.

Geno gulped and stared at Death, he leaned forward and kissed him. The feeling was odd, it felt like the world had suddenly disappeared and they were the only ones left. Maybe because they were the only ones in the void currently.

They stood like that for a while when Geno took the chance to pluck the mistletoe off Death's scythe.

He broke away from the kiss and proceeded to destroy the plant so the incident won't happen again.

"Geno! Tori gave me that!" Death complained.

"Liar." Geno hissed, his face still felt hot.

Death stepped back and held his hands up. "Caught me, but I'm still sad."

"Shut up!"