Answers

"I can't believe this." Ink groaned, lying on the concrete floor of what use to be MTT's resort: Surface edition. "I'm telling you this is impossible."

"Aw c'mon Ink, I'm sure we can do it!" Dream smiled reassuringly.

"But Dream, we searched everywhere. Frisk is no where to be seen. They're the only one that can reset and they haven't even done it yet." Ink sighed, playing with his scarf, looking at the list of things he was suppose to do. So far only one thing was on the list, which was to find Frisk from Undertale.

Dream sat cross legged next to Ink, he stared at Ink for a while before replying. "Well we can't give up, everyone is counting on us!"

"Fine...Where haven't we search?" Ink sat up, leaning on Dream's shoulder with an arm.

The little skeleton guardian kept silent for a minute before answering. "We've been searching the surface, let's try the underground."

"People still go there?" Ink picked at his fingerless gloves, he was a little surprised by the answer.

Dream shrugged, making Ink's arm shift a little. "But there's no harm in looking."

Ink muffled a scream into Dream's back before standing up. "Ok, let's head over there." He took out his big paintbrush and splashed ink onto the ground. "After you, my good sir." He bowed, gesturing to the ink puddle.

Dream chuckled and jumped in, Ink jumped shortly after him. It felt like jumping into mud then suddenly being wiped clean, which was really uncomfortable if you asked Dream. He much preferred teleporting by making portals with positive feelings.

The two found themselves in Ruins, a little more broken down than usual, but it was clear that a crowd of people have been through here.

They kept walking until they were out of the Ruins. Ink actually found this a little fun, hence he didn't object when Dream said that the people were probably up ahead in the other areas.

As they reach the town of Snowdin, they saw how broken down it was from the lack of being tended to. However, they noticed movement inside Grillby's.

Slowly, Dream took out his staff, Ink did the same with his paintbrush, they opened the door gingerly and Dream's staff morphed into a bow. He pointed it at whatever that might move. It was dark, so they had to be extra careful.

Silence. Then a glass cup rolled by towards the two, Ink picked it up and examined it. Dream leaned over and looked at the cup. There was carving at the bottom but it was too dark to see.

Suddenly, a chair was pushed towards them, catching both of them off guard. Ink fell over, dropping his paintbrush and Dream jumped to one side, his bow skidded across the floor into the darkness.

"GET THEM!" A child's voice yelled, a group of children ran towards the duo and the first thing Ink thought was how much he'd kill for a bowl full of skittles.

Ink hopped back onto his feet, picking his paintbrush up like a soccer ball, without thinking he splashed paint at them and snapped his fingers. The paint on two of the kids wrapped around them like rope and bounded them tight.

"Woah, cool." A kid said, by then Dream had gotten up and blindly grabbed his bow, thank goodness he managed to get it in time. He realized it was children they were dealing with and decided it was best to call a truce.

"Now, kids, don't move. We come in peace." Dream morphed his bow back into a staff and strapped it back onto his belt.

"Yeah, uh, in peace." Ink coughed, looking away from the two bounded kids, he snapped his fingers behind his back and the paint melted away from the children. The two kids got up and retreated.

Someone turned on the lights and Ink could now see how many kids there were. Just 8 of them, a mix of monster and humans. Behind, another kid stepped out and Ink easily recognized him as Monster Kid. Or MK.

"Sans?" He asked. "But shorter and weirder?"

"Oi, I'll have you know I'm not sh-" Ink snapped but Dream shushed him.

"We aren't really Sans, my name is Dream and this is Ink." He said, smiling, Ink grunted and pushed Dream's hand away.

"What kind of names are those?" MK deadpanned.

"What kind of name is Monster kid?" Ink shot, Dream gave Ink a 'not now' look and he kept quiet.

MK pretended he didn't hear that. "So then, where did you come from? How'd you get here? How come I've never seen you before? And how did you-"

Dream held a hand up. "We'll talk more about us later, we just need to ask one question."

"Then can we ask one question too?" A little girl spoke, she gave off a really suspicious yet also innocent look. Suspiciously innocent?

Ink sighed and nodded. "Sure. But we go first."

All the children nodded in unison. Which Ink found was really cute.

"Alright." Ink crossed his arms, Dream watched him as he opened his mouth. "Do you have a bowl of skittles?"

"INK! We were suppose to ask what happened on the surface!" Dream whined disappointedly, he can be like that sometimes.

"Oh? Oh yeah! What-" Ink was interrupted by one of the kids who replied.

"You said only one question. No, we don't have a bowl of skittles, even if we had it, we would have eaten it by now."

"Yeah, food is kinda scarce down here..." The probably-not-innocent-but-also-maybe-innocent girl sniffed. "Since the Game Over."

"The Game Over?" Dream held his breath, concerned, did Frisk die?

"Hey hey, now we get to ask a question." MK cuts in. "How'd you get here?"

"Walked." Ink bluntly replied.

"Wh-" MK mumbled.

"Our turn, what's the Game Over?" It was Dream's turn to interrupt. It was rude but they really had to know what happened.

"Haven't you heard? A group of people started to drop dead, then they came back different. They started killing everyone. Worst part is..." Another kid, who was blonde, answered. "Frisk was the first one who started all of this."