Chapter 1

Dear Mrs Roberts,

Do you remember when you kept me after class one day and asked me how I got that bruise on my cheek? I told you I fell over. Did you believe that lie?

Do you remember when I missed school for a week and you asked where I had got those scars on my face. I told you I had a biking accident and I had to recover. Did you believe that lie?

I've told you lots of lies.

I'm sorry Mrs Roberts.

Love,
Layla Parker

I sighed as I put down my pen. Another letter to Mrs Roberts, my P.E teacher. I stared at the letter then quickly stuffed it in my pocket. I didn't dare to throw it in the bin in case my dad or brother saw it.
I didn't want that to happen.

"Oi get your arse down here bitch" My brother shouted from down stairs. I closed my eyes and rubbed my most recent bruise. Please don't let him and my dad be drunk.
I got up and went downstairs and was thrown off my feet as my brother threw a punch at me.
My father laughed and joined in the 'let's beat up Layla game'
I just slumped in the corner and took all the blows. It hurt so bad as the already bruised areas of my skin were bruised more. I didn't try and fight anymore. That just got them more angry.
As I was hit and kicked over and over again, I heard them get tired and threw me across the room and left the house. I lay there for I few minutes, trying to regain my senses.

What can I say, this is normal.

A/N: Started October 28th 2017