Chapter 2

Dear Mrs Roberts,

Let me tell you more about myself.
You already know that I'm 17, and I live with my dad and brother. My mother was killed by my uncle. Murdered.
I don't like to talk about it to anyone but I might make an exception for you. I like you Mrs Roberts.
So much.
But you don't know that.
I remember the day I first met you. You were wearing short and a t shirt. Even those simple items of clothing made you look good. I think you would look beautiful in any clothing.

I wonder what you will wear today. I wonder if you will see all the scars and bruises from last night. Obviously I don't want you too, I will cover up as much as I can so you don't see. Because you don't need to worry about my problems. I'm not enough to get worried about.

I love you

Love,
Layla Parker

I walked into the toilets to get changed for P.E because I wasn't taking the risk of everyone seeing the marks when I got changed. I pulled my clothes off and put the shorts and t shirt on.
I went out of the toilet and into the mirrors that were empty.
I stared at my self. I know I should think it's funny, trust me I don't, but my arms and legs looked like Camo patterns because they were so bruised.
Tears prickled my eyes. I looked down and my arms then back up to the mirror and jumped out of my skin. In the mirror, standing right behind me was Mrs Roberts.

"H-hi um.....hi" I stuttered as I quickly attempted to wipe my tears away and cover my bare skin. But she had already seen. Everything.
Mrs Roberts gasped and walked toward me.
I could do not do anything but stand there as she looked at all my wounds.
When looked back up to me she had tears in her eyes. Wait, why was she crying?
"Who did this to you?" She whispered.
I looked down not meeting her eyes.
"No one Miss, I just....f-fell over" I replied.
She shook her head.
"Layla, I need to report this"
I looked up horrified.
"No miss! You can't! You just can't!" I basically yelled. She jumped slightly at my sudden outburst.
"Why Layla, tell me one reason why I shouldn't tell the police and help you?"
"Because," I hesitated.
She looked at me waiting.
"Because my dad is the chief of the police." She looked shocked.
"So it's your dad who does it"
I cursed my self. She had just backfired my answer.
"I-" The I burst into tears.

She moved next to me and put her arms around me. Woah. She was so close I could smell her sweet small of flowers.
I felt so pathetic, crying on my teacher, and the very teacher I had a major crush on.

She slipped me a piece of paper.
It had a line of numbers.
I looked at her confused.
"It's my number, give me a call when ever you want and I'll be there if you want to talk."
"Thank you Mrs Roberts"
She smiled slightly and whispered in my ear "Mrs Roberts makes me feel
old, please call me Erin" I shivered slightly as I felt her breath on my neck.
That was a beautiful name. It suited her perfectly.
"I....ok"
She smiled and gently let go of me.
"Please do call" She said. If I wasn't mistaken but she looked hopeful as she said that.
"I'll try" I smiled shyly.
Then I grinned from ear to ear. Mrs Rob- I mean- Erin had given me her number! As in a fucking phone number!
I was the happiest I had been that week. No, years.