Chapter 12

Erin's POV

Crying. That's all I heard as I crept into Layla's old house. I was guessing Dallas had run there after the incident in my classroom.
I opened the door and saw her in the corner of the living room clutching a bottle of Jack Daniels.

She jumped as I touched her shoulder.
I felt so bad. I was causing her this pain. It was all my fault.
"It isn't your fault Miss Vanderwaal that Layla died."
I laughed without humour.
"It really Dallas, I was driving the car. And also please call me Erin"
She shook her head.
"It was an accident. I mean, yeah I fucking hate that I never met her but things happen for a reason."
I felt like weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
Dallas look up at me and giggled,"You're purrrty" I only thwn realised how drunk she was.
"Dallas, how much have you had to drink?"
She nodded to the corner where 2 empty bottles lay.
"What the fuck!" I exclaimed. She could get alcohol poisoning! I hate to take her to the hospital or at least a doctor.
She stumbled and staggered towards me. Eww she wreaked of alcohol.
"No wonder my twin fell for yyoouu" She slung one arm around me.
Okay... this was getting uncomfortable.
"Right, were gonna get you some help"
"But Erinnnn! Who neeedss help when you're here and I'm here. We can just make ouuuttt!" She giggled and moved more and more closer.
No, this wasn't right.
I didn't want her. She wasn't Layla. No one could ever be Layla.
"Dallas! Get aw-"
Then her lips came crashing onto mine.
I froze and all I could do was compare her with Layla. Layla was a better kisser.

Wait. What the fuck was I doing even considering the feelings behind this kiss?! I shoved Dallas off me, wiping my mouth.
"Get the fuck away from me! I love Layla NOT you! I just met you and you're the girl I'm in love with's twin!"
Only then did I look and realise I had pushed her onto the bottles and she was bleeding all over.
"Shit!!" I jumped over to her.
Dallas looked lost. She didn't seem to agkowlage   She blinked a couple of times and slid to the ground.
"Dallas?...." I asked uncertainly.
Then she collapsed completely.
"Shit!"

She probably did overdose on alcohol and then I'd just pushed her on glass! God I'm so stupid!

I quickly got out my phone and called 911.

"It's okay Dallas, they're on their way" I whispered to her limp body.

While waiting for the ambulance I thought about that kiss. I didn't like her. That was wrong to like your ex-girlfriend's twin. I hadn't felt the sparks I had when I kissed Layla.

I started to cry. Crying for Dallas. Crying for me.

Crying for Layla.

.