Chapter 19

Johns POV:

It was quite funny. Life. You could try so hard at life, obey rules, but in the end we all die. And it's funny.
So why shouldn't we all just do what we want?
I chuckled to myself as I gently pulled the door open and slid through it. I was now on the upstairs hallway. There were 3 more doors, and I guessed that the voice coming from the last one was my little Layla's girlfriends room. I rubbed my hands together and carried on, carefully and quietly. I reached the door, and looked at the mirror, as it reflected the whole room back at me. I slipped the syringe out of my back pocket and gripped it securely. Then I slammed the door open, saw the woman and infected her in the neck. The girl didn't even have enough time to scream. I felt her body grow limp in my arms and I swiftly grabbed her, dropped the pre-written note and ran back to the bath room. I didn't know how I managed to but I got myself and the girl through the window. I checked my watch in one swift motion, that had all take 1 minute 30 seconds and I had to be quick, Layla would have checked upstairs by now. I threw her into the back of my car, jumped in a sped off.

Layla's POV:

What? This must be from John, but how could he have found me? I turned back to walk into the house when I heard a slam. I ran up the stairs and saw the bathroom window shut when I remembered I'd left it open. My heart pounding faster by the second, I went to Erin's room, and she wasn't there. I picked up a neatly folded piece of paper that lay on her messy bed. Erin NEVER folded paper neatly. I quickly opened it and I froze.

24 Victoria road.
I'll be waiting.
- Your uncle John

"No!"

A/N: I'll get like 1 view but it's worth it because I enjoy writing. I'll be writing a new story, inspired by some things that have happened in the last year, a story about a girl going through therapy and stuff. So please if you're bored please check it out over the weekend, I'm going to start it tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks
- S x