Chapter 16

Layla let the rain drip down her neck. The wind blew her hair wildly, and she knew she probably looked a mess.
"Here goes" She muttered and smashed her finger on the doorbell.
1. 2. 3. She counted down the seconds, her breath quickening by the second until she finally saw a silhouette in the door window.
The door opened slightly and a pretty woman appeared in the crack.
"Dallas, go away I'm not in the mood" Her voice was croaky and only then did Layla notice her dark circles, bloodshot eyes and unwashed hair.
"E-Erin...?" Layla whispered.
Erin's weary eyes narrowed, she knew that voice.
"Lay-......Layla?" Her voice cracked and she flung the door open.
"Layla!" She screamed and pulled her into a tight embrace.
They cried into each other's arms until Erin pushed her away suddenly.
"You're dead" She stated then started smacking her forehead. "Dead"
Layla shook her head. "My uncle took me from the hospital and swapped my body with a girl he'd killed that day. I've been working in his cafe ever since and I only just had the chance to run away."
Erin blinked. But how could it be? For months she knew her to be dead.
"Do you have food I'm hungry AF" Layla asked.
Erin's mouth lifted into a small smile.
"It really is you" she chuckled and let Layla in.

.

So.....yeah.