Chapter 20

A/N: This is the last chapter guys, I've dragged it on for so long and I can't lie, Layla and Erin have had enough drama.

Layla's POV:

I jumped into Erin's car, seeing as I didn't own one. I drove to the road, I knew exactly where it was because that was his old house. He knew that I'd remember it. He'd done it on purpose.

I was crying. Stop it Layla! You can't fall apart now! You need to find Erin and put John into prison. Fuck. I'd only just gotten back safely, then Erin gets kidnapped? It was all so crazy, so surreal. Like a movie.

But this was real. So so real.

Suddenly I knew that this somehow wouldn't end well. What could I do? I kill him with  my bare hands if he hurt Erin. Then I knew what to do. I pulled out my phone and called 911. 

I jumped out of the car and stood outside the house. It looked like nobody had lived in it for a while. I walked over to the door and pushed it open very slowly. For all I know this could be a trap.

And there he was. Uncle John, standing there with a manic smile plastered on his face.

"Hello Layla"

My blood ran cold, he was scarier than my dad and brother put together. 

Then I noticed that Erin was tied to a chair behind him. 

"Erin!" I ran towards her. But he pulled me back. 

"No Layla. Use your common sense. None of you are going to walk out of here today alive."

No no no no. Erin's eyes filled with fear and tears fell down her cheeks.

"No!" Screamed Erin.

"John, let Erin go, please!" I cried.

"No Layla! John kill me and let Layla go. I deserve it after I was responsible for the car crash. And if I hadn't have done that, Layla would be fine and we would't be here!" Erin cried and pleaded.

John laughed. A cold and heartless laugh.

"Oh, the things people do for love. It's such a strange thing. Why love if it all ends in heartbreak?"

"Because it's worth it" I whispered. I was trying to buy us time, the police should be arriving at any second.

"Shut up Layla" He rolled his eyes. " You're so annoying. I wonder how I put up with you for so long."

Then I heard a bang and 5 people in uniforms ran in. I'd told the police to force entry and do it quickly before could run away.

John waved the gun at them, quickly attempting to load the gun but a burly man tackled him and the gun fell and spun away.

I ran to Erin, she was crying and so was I. I pulled of the rope with difficulty but I managed it. She fell into my arms and we sobbed into each others shoulders.

"I'm never leaving you Erin" I choked.

"Don't worry, I'm never letting go"

~

The police took us back to the station and we told them everything, starting from when my dad and brother were arrested, and how John had took me after the car crash. Erin then also revealed to me that I have a twin. It didn't actually surprise me too much because my dad had always mentioned that I had a sister. I didn't know if I wanted to see her just yet though. This was all so overwhelming. John was arrested for two cases of kidnapping, three accounts of murder and several other charges he'd had on him for a while. It was most likely he was going to have a life sentence.