Epilogue

ERIN'S POV:

"Do not day a word" I whispered to the little four year old in front of me. I winced in pain as I tried to straighten up, but hit the ceiling. Let's just say, hiding inside the closet was not a good idea.

"Mummy, what are we doing?" Amber looked up at me through big brown eyes.

"Er....I kind of dropped your mum's favourite vase, and then I may or may not have blamed it on you....and then she might have just realised it was me?...." I bit my lip anxiously. Crap, I was done for.

"Won't Mama be angry?" She frowned at the thought.

"No, no, well, you know that when someone is pregnant, they're a little more irritable....but she won't be mad at you" I knelt down, brushing away the stray hairs that had fallen from her friend braid.

"Good!" She beamed, and i quickly clamped my hand over her mouth.

"Shh! She can't find us right now. I mean, me right now, she's not in a good mood" I listened out for a sound, and I found it.

"Erin? Where the hell are you?!" Layla's voice echoed through the bedroom, and into the closet.

"Shit" I cursed.

"What does shit mean?" I smacked my head as Amber repeated the word. Great Erin, another thing for Layla to be mad about.

Then I saw Amber's little cute nose scrunch up. No!

But yes, she sneezed, a VERY loud sneeze. I was surprised a four year old could make a noise like that.

The doors swung open and I squinted to focus on the very angry looked wife of mine.

"Hey babe" I grinned, praying to the skies.

"Are you seriously hiding in the fu-" I cut off her fuming and pointed to Amber.

"Careful, young ears in perimeter"

"Amber sweetheart, why don't you go and get yourself a cookie" Layla's face grew a smile as Amber giggled and ran out.

I looked back at my wife and gulped.

"You broke my fucking vase!" Layla yelled.

"I'm sorry, I just....I didn't want to make you upset, you know, cause...." I trailed off, looking at her big baby bump.

Then suddenly Layla was crying. Oh shit that changed quickly.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, finally realising I was still in a crouched position and stood up to embrace her.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blamed Amber" I mumbled, kissing the top of her head.

"No, it's fine, but, do you think I'm ugly and annoying now?" Layla sniffed.

"No! Why would you think that?" I asked, stroking her cheek.

"When you were pregnant with Amber, you didn't get all worked up about things like I am now"

I chuckled, "Hey, we're all different, I guess I'm just lucky. But you're great compared to the pregnant women in television soaps"

That earned a smile, and relief washed over me. Phew.

"What times Dallas coming over?" Layla asked, pulling away from me and holding my hand.

"Right about now" and as if on queue, the doorbell rang.

I followed Layla to the front door and picked up Amber onto my hip on the way there.

"Hello!" Dallas stood there with her newly wedded husband, beaming.

We all greeted each other and soon we were all sat watching a film and eating a takeaway.

"How was today?" Ryland asked, leaning forward to whisper into my ear, carefully so Layla wouldn't hear.

Ryland has been married to Dallas for two years now, and ever since, he'd been my best friend. Literally.

"I blamed Amber for dropping Layla's vase and well" I didn't need to finish the sentence.

"Ah, let me guess it ended in tears right?"

I simply nodded, then swallowed a large amount of noodles, instantly regretting what I'd just done.

I spluttered and choked, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

Dallas jumped up quickly to help. I felt a huge slap on my back so I turned around, seeing Layla standing there, looking very concerned. Holy fuck that was a painful slap. But it worked because soon I was catching my breath and leaning forward.

"Goddamn it Layla, where'd that strength come from?" I exclaimed as she sat down in front of me.

"Well I guess all my pent up anger from the last eight months maybe?" She looked so nonchalant as she said it, that it made me laugh.

"Of course it was honey" 

I pulled Layla towards me, seating her next to me, and holding her hand.

"How the little one doing?" I asked, rubbing her round stomach.

"Annoyed that it's mum had to save it's other mum's life"

I gasped dramatically, "Is little Tomato here going to be starting fights with me when he's out?"

Everyone laughed whilst Layla rolled her eyes.

"Okay, one, we don't know if it's going to be a boy, we agreed not to have a gender reveal until the baby's born. Two, we are NOT calling our baby tomato!"

I burst out laughing at her final words. 

"But, tomato is a cute name and I just know it's gonna be a boy!" I protested. Amber crawled onto my lap, grinning.

"No, we're going to call it something pretty" Layla turned her head back to the t.v, signalling that I'd lost the debate. Darn.

"I'm still going to call your baby brother tomato!" I whispered into Amber's ear, and she started giggling loudly.

"I love you mum and mummy" Amber did one of her heart melting smiles, and jumped in between me and Layla.

"I love you too" I smiled, pulling us three closer.

And I really did.

****

So, I just thought I'd do a small  (extremely extra small) epilogue because someone asked me to do one last year and I didn't because I didn't think this story would get many reads, but now it's got like 7.8k! Thank you all for reading this.

- S