Chapter 3

(Emily point of view)

We pull into the parking lot of the hotel detective Mer recommended.
"For a name like Great Inn, it doesn't seem very great" I say as I see the dirty walls, and broken windows. "It looks like a crime scene" Aaron looks at me, and calls the team. I can hear them saying what I was thinking. That his hotel wasn't very great.
"Yeah mhm okay." Hotch says. "See ya there" he hangs up the phone and continues driving down the road.
"Where are we going?" I ask, relieved to be leaving.
"A four star hotel about 20 miles away" he smiles, I do the same. I was relieved to be staying at a nice place. Usually with cases we stay in motels, or 1 star hotels. All nicer than 'Great Inn'. "We don't have to be in the office until noon tomorrow" he adds. "Maybe we could hit the pool?"
"I always bring a bathing suit" I laugh as we turn on the radio. The drive to the hotel was nice. Relaxing, even. This was going to be a great case.

( JJ point of view)

I can't stop laughing. Every time I take a breath the laughing starts again. Spence can't stop either, and he's the one driving.
"The hotel" I gasp for air. He doesn't even try to speak, he's laughing so hard. "It was so bad"
"The doors" he says. He was referring to the door that had scratches on it. It looked like someone, or something, was trying very hard to get in.
"The windows" I argue. It was a friendly argument though, a common occurrence for us. The windows varied in damage. Some were fine, some were dirty, others were broken. One particular set of windows were gone, no windows at all.
"Oh you win with that one" he gives in. I usually win, unless it comes to anything regarding statistics. Reid wins when it comes to that, no doubt. "Did you hear how nice this place is?"
"Well, I heard it was a hotel that had all its parts" we shared a laugh at that. Hotch had called Reid and told him to drive to this new hotel. I could hear minor details, but nothing more. I was excited, because usually Spence would tell me about 20 facts about our destination but he was quiet about this. Not serial killer quiet, but like surprise is on its way type quiet.
"Yeah" he says trying to hold back a smile.
"What?"
"Oh nothing, I was just curious" he is the worse liar ever, he's lucky I like surprises.
(Derek's point of view)

"Rossi, where is everyone?" I ask. We have been standing at this nasty check in window for almost half an hour. "They were right in front of us, we weren't at that red light that long"
"Oh" he says as he remembers something. "We are alone here tonight."
"Then why have I been standing here?" He always casually forgets things that are important.
"You're waiting for an employee" now that I think of it, I haven't seen an employee since we pulled up. The hotel was horrible, but open. It was cheap and close to work, we have to be in at eight in the morning. I yell out for anyone who can help us, I'm starting to get tired.
"At least we can sleep in" Rossi adds.
"If you call waking up at 7:30 in the morning sleeping in" I say sarcastically. He gets that face again, the face of remembrance.
"We don't have to be in until 12" he says quickly. Meaning we could've driven to another hotel, that isn't completely trash. I want to tell, but an employee finally helps us out.
"Two rooms for one" I say, handing him a one hundred dollar bill. He hands me two keys, yes real keys, and tells us our room numbers. We walk down to the other end of the hotel. "So where did the rest go?"
"Oh to a little place I used to take wife number two" he laughs. I'm starting to feel happy that we didn't go. Knowing Rossi, he sent them to some honeymoon suite.
"Night, Rossi" I say as I open the door to hotel room 21. The door wasn't even locked, and it didn't lock at all. This was going to be along case.