Chapter 14

hey y'all :) I'm going to get some drama up in here sooo be prepared for some emotion to come soon. Also I apologize for the case being so :(

   The team filed into their usual seats around the conference table , in preparation for their most recent case.
   "Before I begin, I must warn you." Hotch began, "this case isn't going to be pretty, easy, or settling" he continued, "and there is a high chance it ends with the death or injury of at least one of us." He finished, looking at the team.
   "It can't be worse than anything we've already seen." Morgan argued. "Babygirl, why didn't you warn me about this?"
    "I didn't know" Garcia said in a low voice. "Sir, what's going on?"
    "This morning, around 5, I got a call from the Chicago police station. They wanted our assistance on a serial rapist case." He began to explain. "Originally, I was just going to send a consult form and let it go until I sat down and read the file." He kept speaking as he passed the files around the table. "As you can see, he has an interesting m/o and signature."
    "oh my god" JJ gasped, looking up at the team. "This man can not be okay in the head."
   "Are they ever?" Garcia asked with a sympathetic look.
   "So you're telling me" Derek started as he sat up in his chair, "that this man, or men, find pregnant women, rape them, take the babies out , and then kill them in front of their mothers?" The whole team sat in silence for a second until jj broke the silence with her tears.
   "What if he tries to hurt me and the baby?" she asked , looking at reid. 
   "No" he replied. "We're not going to let that happen." 
    "Another thing" Hotch spoke up. "We already have a name of the unsub, Levi Gilmore. Five different teams and squads have found him and he killed them all via poison. like he was waiting for them."
   "Why the hell are we on this case? We damn sure have too much to lose" Morgan complained.
    "We are taking this case because we have something to offer that the others didn't, we are both closer and smarter. We don't let this guy win, hear me?" Hotch asked. In response , he received all nods. "Great, wheels up in thirty"
   With that, he left the room to his office, Emily following close behind.
  "Aaron?"
  "Hey, I'm sorry I should've warned you" he apologized , pulling her into a hug. "I promise everyone will be okay." He pauses, "I hope"
"It's okay" she flinched slightly. "There is something I've been meaning to tell you"
     "Hmm?" He mumbled as he gathered his things.
  "Aaron" she said in a louder tone. "I'm pregnant"