Chapter 8

(JJ point of view)

"I don't get this" I yell out, causing the whole team to look at me. "Kay was reported missing by her friend, okay makes sense."
     "Yeah, but she said the family just left. But, they didn't move, so where did they go?" Prentiss adds. "Also, if they were already upset about moving, why would they leave again and not go back to the original house?"
      "School zoning" Reid suggests. "They just didn't like that house, but why wouldn't Kay tell her friends, and why would the family move there in the first place?"
"That doesn't matter, all that matters is where Kay is," Hotch says sternly. "Garcia, any locations that fit the profile?"
    "Peter's family owns a farm, and it says here they're on a cruise now." Garcia points out. "Address on your tablets"
      "Let's go, now!" We all rush out into the vehicles and head to Peters farm house, where we would hopefully find our victim.

<<at the scene>>

    We arrive at the farm house, which is about half way between the field office and the Smith family's new home.
     "What the hell?" Rossi exclaims as we approach. We see about ten people standing around the fence, one of which fits the description of Peter Smith. We pull into a patch of grass across the street and I immediately run over to the congregation.
      "Stop" a woman yells. She looks terrified.
     "Who are you, and why are you here?!" I quickly ask. 
     "I'm Stacey Roy, the neighbor. Please don't let them hurt her." I pat the lady's shoulder and quickly run over to the man resembling one of our unsubs.
      "Shhhhh" he says to me as I approach. "Listen, you can hear it." He lets out an evil laugh. The type of laugh that makes your whole body shake. I obey as the team approaches with their weapons drawn.
     "Peter Smith!" Emily yells. "Where is Kayla and Mary?"
    "Shhh" he repeats, making me cringe. "Listen" the whole crowd goes quite and all of a sudden I hear something. The rest of the team hears it too.
    "What is that?" I ask. It's not human, or living. It sounds like a beep, like from an alarm clock.
    "Oh just my timer." He lets out another laugh, this time more evil. "It says 8:34, meaning eight minutes and 34 seconds."
     "Until?" Hotch calls out.
    "Until, That House blows up with my wife and daughter inside." He is so calm, no one should be this calm. "Oh and causing an explosion big enough to burn us all"
     "Get them out of here Dave" Hotch orders. "What do you want Peter?"
     "I want you to go in and save my family"
     "Disarm the bomb, and we can do that" I say, trying to get on his level of calmness.
    "Nope, but I will get out of your way" he steps to the side. I hand cuff him to the fence and meet the team.
     "We can't trust him, maybe it's a joke"Reid says, trying to calm me down. For the last few nights we haven't left the station, meaning we haven't had any personal time.
    "We can't risk it" Rossi adds when he joins us. " Ms. Stacey offered for the rest of the 'watchers' to stay in her home"
    "Okay, so we have to go in quickly." I say. "We have about six minutes, and we don't know the house."
     "Doesn't matter, we have to save those girls, and now." Hotch yells as he begins running. {the team had vests on before they left the station}.
We all run in and take separate rooms, until I hear Spence yell "I got them!"
We run into the spare bedroom and help the girls out of the house, which is 'blowing up' in 45 seconds.
"Run, Go far" I scream as the beeping sound of the timer gets louder, and faster. Morgan and Hotch pick up the girls and run to the safe house. The rest of us exit the house and begin to run to safety.
     Suddenly, the beeping stops, and the laughing becomes louder and louder. Until everything just goes...

Silent.