Chapter 18: leaf

Wow y'all probably hate me for that cliffhanger sorryyyyy

"JJ? JJ?" Reid yelled as she fell to the ground. Luckily he caught her head before it hit the ground. She was out cold, and at the worst possible time. The unsub almost definitely saw them now, and their cover had almost been blown.
"Oh my, is she okay?" A random lady asked as she passed by.
"Umm can you call 911?" A flustered Reid asked as he dialed Hotch.
"Spencer what happened?" Hotch asked in a concerned tone.
"JJ collapsed" he panted. He cautiously looked up at the bystander and slightly turned his head. "I don't believe Levi is onto us."
Hotch sighed. Just then, a text from Emily appeared in the group chat.
"Season, L" meaning they were being followed by Levi.
"Stay with her Reid, and keep us posted." Hotch said as he hung up the phone. He quickly dialed Emily.
"Hey" she answered, trying to be casual.
"How close are they to you?"
"Uh I think that shirt was nine dollars" she answered, knowing Levi could hear.
"Are you close to the meeting spot?" Aaron asked, his concern growing.
"I'm sorry I don't think I can make it there tonight." Emily replied, meaning no.
"I'm having Morgan pick you up there, stay safe. I love you." He said, hoping she would take his words to heart.
"I do that too" she said, slightly choking up.
She was scared. She was scared for JJ, Reid, herself, Aaron, the baby, the team.
Derek was on his way, driving as fast as he could. He was about 10 minutes away from Emily's location and he hoped that wasn't too far. He knew she didn't look pregnant, which could make Levi want to impregnate her. This was a lose-lose situation in everyone's eyes and he hoped Emily and the baby didn't have to pay for it.
——-
Location: Emily's post
Emily sat on the bench next to the bus stop, hoping she blended in. She, however, knew she didn't, at least not to Levi. She could see him staring at her every time she turned around to 'stretch her neck'. She hadn't noticed anyone else, and Garcia hasn't found any abnormalities in the environment, and no one had been able to get ahead of this guy. Emily couldn't arrest him, because the building he was in was currently abandoned and could be rigged.
Suddenly she had an idea.
"Hey rossi?" Emily said into her ear piece, very quietly.
"Yeah? We're all here by the way" he replied.
"Do you think we could get any information on the building behind me? I think that's where he's stationed." She said.
"We tried, but the only thing it says is that it was a restaurant and it closed two years ago" Garcia added.
"Ahhh o-" Emily started, before she felt a finger on her shoulder. She slowly turned around.
Her stomach dropped.

As did her headset, phone, and keys. Levi had gotten to her, and everybody knew about it.

———
Location: the hospital.

"H-how is she?" Reid stuttered as the doctor exited the operation room.
"The baby is fine." He began.
"Baby? We were expecting twins." Reid began to cry.
"Actually" the doctor began. "We thought it was a second baby but.." he paused. "Turns our Jennifer has a very rare stomach tumor."
Reid's heart dropped. He didn't know what to do.
Suddenly he got a text. One single text saying:

"Emily's been taken"

WHAT UP?! You all probably hate me. Y'all probably also thought I forgot about them having twins and you are completely RIGHT. I'm such a mess I did forget, but my good friend Lexie reminded me sooo I had to make a decision: casually disregard that story line, make it seem like JJ and Reid forgot, orrrr make a dramatic , depressing twist? Well we know what I picked, you're welcome. Also Emily was abdicated WHAAAAT ? and Reid may or may not have a mental break down as will (or will not) Hotch. 20 more reads and this story gets updated sooo tell your friends , mommas , daddys (all kinds) to read this story :)